Quantcast

Building Black Gold BGT3xxx DVB-T2 Drivers for Linux

robbo100

Hi all,

I have just installed LibreElec 9.0.2 on my media server to replace Windows with a MediaPortal TV Server back-end.

However, having done so, it looks like LibreElec doesn't have drivers built in for BGT cards. Has anyone managed to get the BGT 3600 card working with LibreElec TVHeadend? If so, can you point me to the best section of this thread to get me started. (I looked at the first thread, but you can't ssh into the root with LibreElec, so it isn't possible).

Thanks

trident01

can you ssh into your machine
as how day you can not do root but loging with your default login then do sudo su to become root

robbo100

can you ssh into your machine
as how day you can not do root but loging with your default login then do sudo su to become root
Thanks for the reply.

If I type "sudo su" I get the following response:

There is no working 'sudo'.

On debian/ubuntu/all general purpose linux distributions 'sudo'
allows a permitted user to execute a command as the superuser
or another user, as specified by the security policy

With LibreELEC you have root access by default, so you dont need 'sudo'
If I then type ls to get the directory list, I only get

backup music screenshots videos
lost+found pictures tvshows

trident01

at the moment i can not test, but next week i will try to have a look unless someone else say

some time linux keep you in it own directory so you could try cd / then do ls to see if it give you the whole file system
if it does not then you do not have root access so you never see the / directory

robbo100

at the moment i can not test, but next week i will try to have a look unless someone else say

some time linux keep you in it own directory so you could try cd / then do ls to see if it give you the whole file system
if it does not then you do not have root access so you never see the / directory

cd / worked! Nice one. I don't know why I didn't try that before.

I have now have a directory /usr, but there is no /usr/src directory

robbo100

Ah, a bit of googling shows that /usr/src is an optional directory, so I decided to make one myself. Unfortunately the /usr area is a read-only file system, so I can't add a directory

trident01

mkdir /usr/src
cd /usr/src
if it allows you
opp missed what you said

you may need to learn chmod to change permission like chmod 664 but dont do 777 even thought you can it very dangerous
or see if sudo mkdir /usr/src works

Last edited: