Building a semi immersive projection room for $2000

JGInteractive

Novice Member
Hi,
I'm a multimedia artist experimenting with interactive installations and projection mapping. I have a new space that is a rectangle roughly 14 feet long / 9 feet wide and 8 feet tall. My idea is to mount three projectors to the ceiling and to project onto the far wall and the two adjacent walls. Each projection would roughly be 100" wide. I have as far as 14 feet throw distance for the far wall and only about eight feet throw distance for the adjacent walls. My budget is a tight $2000. Also because I will be interactive with these projections via a Kinnect, I will need low lag time inline with what a gamer would need. I'd like to try and get the best fidelity on the far wall where the viewer will be facing meaning I could go for slightly less quality on the sides. Some models i've been looking at are
  1. BenQ HT2050A
  2. BenQ TH671ST 1080p Short Throw Gaming Projector
  3. Used BenQ TK800M 4K UHD Home Theater Projector (if i can manage to stretch the budget a bit and get 4k for the far wall)
  4. BenQ HT2150ST 1080P Short Throw Projector
  5. BenQ TH671ST Full HD 1080p Projector for Gaming (for side walls)
Any thoughts are much appreciated. My priorities are throw distance, brightness/contrast and lag time and finally it would be nice if we could enjoy movie night on the far one and have the image look sharp and crisp.

Thanks!
Jacob

Gasp3621

Distinguished Member
Hi there and welcome to AVF! This is UK based forum and you should have better chance of getting more knowledgeble replies which models to look for at the sister forum AVSF (US). :) Copy paste your question on this thread after registeration. It would be shame waiting here for replies so go there and i`m sure you will be helped right away! Some of the model numbers are different in US/Europe also.

I would also consider other brands in the same price range if possible. I have older Benq short throw projector and it`s noisy as hell plus the bulp literally exploded (scared the **** out of me!) way before the hours came full. It left bad taste, i´m going to look some other brand next.

JGInteractive

Novice Member
Hi there and welcome to AVF! This is UK based forum and you should have better chance of getting more knowledgeble replies which models to look for at the sister forum AVSF (US). :) Copy paste your question on this thread after registeration. It would be shame waiting here for replies so go there and i`m sure you will be helped right away! Some of the model numbers are different in US/Europe also.

I would also consider other brands in the same price range if possible. I have older Benq short throw projector and it`s noisy as hell plus the bulp literally exploded (scared the **** out of me!) way before the hours came full. It left bad taste, i´m going to look some other brand next.

Ahh Thanks. I'll repost on the US side. I appreciate it. Best, Jacob

The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: Streaming Theatrical Releases And The Future Of Cinema
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom