Question Building a Projector Screen HELP!

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Building DIY' started by supfoxtrot, Nov 11, 2017.

1. supfoxtrot

supfoxtrot

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +40
    Hi,

I've got an Epson EH TW5500 shooting a ~98" screen onto a wall about 12ft away.
    The max I can shoot at this distance is 114". But way too big for the room. Thinking 110" including the black border (2" black borders).

I've been looking into black screens and loving the results you can get in ambient light, had a look at how well they manage in a dark rooms as well and the results are still amazing. Cant think of a reason not to make a black screen rather than a grey or white.

My question is where can I get some black cloth/material to staple to the frame that I build?
    The other option is to paint the screen which I dont mind either.
    http://www.avsforum.com/forum/110-d...asy-ambient-light-rejecting-screen-paint.html

I've been looking at this thread and it seems paint works well. Not 100% sure how much metallic paint to mix into the black for the distance my projector is at and the lumens.

Most of the time the projector is on in a fairly dark room, but would like the option to use it in ambient light.

Open to all recommendations and advice, even if that means a different screen colour.

2. supfoxtrot

supfoxtrot

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +40
    Just realised I wont need a border as its a black screen. [emoji28]