Building a PC

Discussion in 'Computer Components' started by Mac User, Aug 12, 2013.

1. Mac User

Mac User

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +309
    It's been a couple of years since I've built a gaming pc (and actually use one) but there is now a need to build one as one of my children want one.

Back in the day, I used to use Overclockers to purchase my components.. Are they still good ? Could anybody recommend anybody else ?

Thanks in advance

2. cokker

cokker

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +118
    Overclockers should be fine but a friend of mine and some others I've heard on forums have had trouble with returns, that was about 1.5 years ago, I still use them from time to time.

My other ports of call are: Scan, Novatech, CCL, Aria, and ebuyer.

3. Peeej

Peeej

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +233
    yup Scan and Novatech, although Nova are more expensive than they used to be but the customer service is excellent and Scan will give you free Postage if you are an active member here.

4. phillyd1981

phillyd1981

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,474
    I would not advise that you use scan the amount of members I have heard on here and other sites complain about their customer service is unreal. terriable returns service!

http://www.avforums.com/forums/desktops/1416827-scan-lost-another-customer.html

Corban 15-1-13

"I wouldnt ever buy from scan again, I purchased something from them, and it was broken but because i didnt report it within 24hours (item arrived on friday and I unpacked on saturday and called them monday)they told me in no uncertain terms they will not do anything at all to help me. Despite multiple calls they told me I had to contact the manufacturor and they were not interested in helping me. Worst customer service I have ever had from an online retailer."

Last edited: Aug 12, 2013
  5. sparky10

sparky10

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +256
    Yes, Overclockers are indeed good, never had a problem with them, no issues with returns and the goods arrive when they are supposed to, would recommend:smashin:

6. Leigh507

Leigh507
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    My Experience with Scan has been very positive! 2 returns and no problems at all :) Keep an eye out on Amazon too as they sometimes have great prices on components