BUILDING A PC - SPEC?

jesswaltonx3

Novice Member
Hi guys!

I recently posted a thread about building a gaming PC for the first time. I’m wanting a PC that is fairly inexpensive as well as being powerful enough to run sims 4, GTA V, Skyrim, Fallout etc, all on ultra high smooth graphics. After all the comments on my previous thread, I have updated my PC spec that I am planning to build (with the help of YouTube lol). Is this new list okay? Will all of these products be compatible with one another?
*I have also listed some DDR4 RAM sticks I am planning to use, however I am not sure if these are compatible with gaming PC’s or not? (I can get items from this website from very cheap), if they are compatible it would save me a bit of money*

I’m completely new to building PC’s so any help will be appreciated!:smashin: Thank you in advance.

SPEC:

Tower:
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 Processor

Graphics card:
Motherboard:
RAM: CT2K16G4DFD8266 | Crucial 2 x 16 GB DDR4 RAM 2666MHz UDIMM 1.2V | RS Components

SSD: SSD-CT1000MX500SSD4 | Crucial MX500 M.2 1 TB SSD Drive | RS Components

Hard Drive: WD20EZRZ | Western Digital Caviar Blue 2 TB Internal Hard Drive | RS Components

Power supply:https://uk.rs-online.com/mobile/p/pc-power-supplies/8395797/

jizzlejimbo

Looks decent. If it was me id get faster memory at least 3200mhz. Maybe save some money with a slower SSD

CARLOS

Distinguished Member
When you say " (I can get items from this website from very cheap)" how cheap are we talking as those prices when clicking on your links are extremely high ?

Also i would definitely get a better PSU from a known good brand.

This is a good buy

jesswaltonx3

Novice Member
I know a person who works there :), and cool thank you, will have a look!
When you say " (I can get items from this website from very cheap)" how cheap are we talking as those prices when clicking on your links are extremely high ?
About our ads

You may also like

Also i would definitely get a better PSU from a known good brand.

This is a good buy

kenshingintoki

Distinguished Member
I know a person who works there :), and cool thank you, will have a look!

Let us know how much you're paying for the components to make sure that even with discount, you're not getting ripped off.

If you can wait, I'd wait just because there is going to be an NVIDIA GPU refresh in two months time and the second hand market will be flooded with extremely amazing deals on excellent GPUs from idiots like myself who suffer from chronic upgrade-itis.