Building a New Home Theatre

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by oilers rule, Oct 4, 2017.

1. oilers rule

oilers rule
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I sold my home and taking the gear out of my home theatre ( was there when i bought it ) and putting it in my new homes detached garage detached ( 20x24) . I have a Denon x6300h reciever , a JVC DLA-X750R D-ILA projector and 135" Elunevision Reference Studio AudioWeave 4K and looking to purchase this for the speaker system : klipsch 7.1.4 - 2 Klipsch RP-280F Tower Speakers, , 1 Klipsch RP-450C Center, 1 Klipsch R112SW Subwoofer, 4 Klipsch RP-250S-BLK Surround Speaker, 4 Klipsch CDT-5800-C II In-Ceiling Speaker

I wondering a good setup , should i build a false wall and put the center and tower speakers behind the screen ? would these speakers work behind the screen? Also looking for some design tips on the false wall .

Also can this amp run seperate hdmi outs ? can i have a smaller tv ran through this if i want to watch multiole football games?

My last question is i currently own 2 Velodyne Minivee subs , would they work for me in replace of the Klipsh subwoofer as this would save me $1000 bucks here in canada . Any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated as ive owned home theatre but this is my first build .

Thanks in Advance

Mark

2. Roohster

Roohster
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,667
    If you're thinking of building a false wall, you could always buy 3 in-wall speakers and put them all behind the screen. Klipsch do a range that would do the job if you wanted to stick with that brand.
    In Wall Speakers | Klipsch

The screen you mentioned is acoustically transparent, so that wouldn't be a problem.

As far as I can see from googling some images, the Denon x6300h has three HDMI outputs inclusing one for another zone/room.

3. Joe Fernand

Joe Fernand
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,551
    Plenty of folk use Freestanding Speakers behind an AT screen - it simply requires a bit more depth behind the screen than an 'In-wall' solution.

Rooms sizes over here in the UK often dictate you have to go the On-wall or In-wall solution - whereas many folk in the US with a 'basement/garage' Cinema will go for the whole stage riser look/design and can easily accommodate freestanding speakers.

Joe

4. Roohster

Roohster
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,667
    The L&R speakers mentioned (Klipsch RP-280F) are floorstanders Joe, which wouldn't be any good for building into a false wall.

5. Joe Fernand

Joe Fernand
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,551
    Not so much 'In-wall' - more 'Behind the screen'.

PS - not one of ours!

[​IMG]