Building a gym in my garden (photo heavy).

Just be careful how you phrase things; we are a fickle lot. :)
You missed the perfect joke there ‘just be careful how you phase things’.

Just looked for it and can’t find it.

Absolutely LOVE this!
Couple of Q's..

How big (what size?) is the area you got off the council? How did you go about that? What sort of cost was it?
What are the inner and outer dimensions of your gym?
Thanks

I’m told it’s okay, in these circumstances.

Just be mindful, with any electrical works, only the simplest tasks should be carried out by DIY’ers, and this forum doesn’t allow step by advice.

Absolutely LOVE this!
Couple of Q's..

How big (what size?) is the area you got off the council? How did you go about that? What sort of cost was it?
What are the inner and outer dimensions of your gym?
Thanks
The area we bought was 8’ x 100’. We have our pizza oven on part of it and a tree/flower area. It cost about £1,000 for the land and about the same again for the legal expenses etc.
I just emailed the council and it went from there. The area is unused and just waste land that we kind of looked after. I was hoping we would get it for nothing, but this didn’t happen. We could have proven we had been up-keeping it fur years but wanted to do it officially.
The gym is a little over 8’ by just over 12’ external, and a little under 8’ x 12’ internal (roughly).
@Thug What do you want the electric for? Could you go solar and use 12v stuff?
Treadmill, Cross Trainer, lights, Bluetooth music, a low amp heater/fan.

Not much of an update, got my cable machine and sold my multi gym to a work mate.
I have also got a few weights and a bench (not in photo).
Still no door though, I keep missing out.

58218A6E-6372-467C-8F65-D2DAAE86A8B5.jpeg

Full of the biggest d*ckheads known to man.

Most DIY and pro tradesmen forums are.
Some right cleverdicks, bit like real life really, without the confrontations.

I used to be on some builders groups as well and they were full of n*bs but also hilarious at the same time, on the whole though, I find most forums quite taxing.
It certainly makes me appreciate how good we have it here.

just read one post -

bloke a (without reading the manual) - how do you do this?

bloke b - read the manual

bloke a - sorted

I used to be on some builders groups as well and they were full of n*bs but also hilarious at the same time, on the whole though, I find most forums quite taxing.
It certainly makes me appreciate how good we have it here.

Nah, this forum got its quota as well.

With your own private Gym now! In No-time your probably get mistaken for this Guy.

1588002766102.png

(Congrats on assembling the Gym, Btw.)

Last edited:
Well got my bench and had issues putting it together where some of the holes wouldn’t line up.
I had to re-drill them to put it together.
It fits nicely into the corner.

I also had some flooring left so put it on the wall to hang my accessories.
B8DD8676-6102-41BE-A684-E577E4DFAFD5.jpeg
5EB9856D-F1EE-4DE6-B50C-E560D43852FF.jpeg

brill that mate - those cable machines are massively versatile you'll be able to pretty much nail everything off with that. If i had the room at home i'd definitely go down the cable machine route.

Decided to put a couple of mirrors up to give it more of a gym feel/look and also make it look bigger.
Bought them as sliding wardrobes off Facebook for £10 for both.
Had to remove the frame first then was going to cut them down to 78” from 92”. The first one went really well, where the second it didn’t snap correctly so they are now both 75” high.
0719AC33-CCF1-4867-ADF1-01E6BEDFCF1F.jpeg

Wow looking real good there buddy :)

do some training videos then.. :)

do some training videos then.. :)
What? You mean I am supposed to train in there too? I only built it as a project during lock down. Don’t intend to do anything in there.

Rent it out to Stuart? :D

Decided to put a couple of mirrors up to give it more of a gym feel/look and also make it look bigger.
Bought them as sliding wardrobes off Facebook for £10 for both.
Had to remove the frame first then was going to cut them down to 78” from 92”. The first one went really well, where the second it didn’t snap correctly so they are now both 75” high.
View attachment 1290966

Nice idea with the mirrors.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom