• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Builders....arrghhhhhh

Ultima

Distinguished Member
Builders came this morning to lower our chimney and sort a bit of damp near the chimney breast.

Here I am sat in my office and................CRASH. Part of the chimney as fallen straight through our conservatory roof. I phoned the wife at work and she has just arrived home and is livid....well, extremely livid.

I have had some bad experiences with builders (I know they are all not the same) but this takes the biscuit.

I could have been worse I suppose, I could have been in their playing my wii.

Martin

Ultima

Distinguished Member
ouch, that is grief you just don't need, are the arranging repairs or do you have to and they will compensate?

The builders are putting it all right, replacing damaged furniture, tiled floor, conservatory roof etc and all the tiles and guttering on the main roof that is damaged. Lucky my LCD/DVD/Wii etc are ok.

But you are right, it's hassle that we could do without.

Martin

John Simon

Prominent Member
The builders are putting it all right, replacing damaged furniture, tiled floor, conservatory roof etc and all the tiles and guttering on the main roof that is damaged. Lucky my LCD/DVD/Wii etc are ok.

But you are right, it's hassle that we could do without.

Martin

Sorry to hear about this - I hope they are giving you a warranty on the conservatory/roof/guttering parts that they are replacing.

John

Must be an absolute nightmare

as an aside , I always thought that ahhhhhhh , was a coochi coo ahhhhhh , and arghhhhhhhh was the angry one :D Thought you were having a builders love in for a second ;)

Ultima

Distinguished Member
Must be an absolute nightmare

as an aside , I always thought that ahhhhhhh , was a coochi coo ahhhhhh , and arghhhhhhhh was the angry one :D Thought you were having a builders love in for a second ;)

John, tbh my heads in tatters.....as soon as I put ahhhhhh I knew it should have been arghhhhhh:suicide: I bet you thought I had a thing for builders:lease:

Will be talking warranties etc with them for sure....but they are an established business with and apparent good name:rolleyes: so I'm hoping aftercare and service is ok.

Martin

Ultima

Distinguished Member
p.s. John can you change the title please to something more appropriate like "Builders are........"insert as appropriate.

John

p.s. John can you change the title please to something more appropriate like "Builders are........"insert as appropriate.

I already had :cool:.
Atleast no one was hurt and its just stuff that they can sort out .
If they are a reputable local firm then they will want to keep that reputation.

Ultima

Distinguished Member
I already had :cool:.
Atleast no one was hurt and its just stuff that they can sort out .
If they are a reputable local firm then they will want to keep that reputation.

Yes you're right it could have been a lot worse, things can be replaced.

They seem to be setting things in motion to make repairs etc so I'm a little happier about it.

Martin

Ultima

Distinguished Member
. Accidents do happen:rolleyes:but they seem good builders

Yes, fingers crossed they get it all sorted pretty quick. The conservatory is now sealed and waterproof...good job for a temp repair and also because it's raining cats and dogs. No guttering above the conseravtory is a nightmare...it's like a waterfall coming down.

Various bits and pieces that were damaged have been ordered so shouldn't be too long before we are back to normal.

Martin

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom