build quality of the slim!

rchads89

Banned
For those that have one :

What do you think of the build quality of the slim?

I tell you one thing that does not seem right is the way they have put the HDD in that casing???? It like moves from side to side up and down and feels broke? Why did they do that?

DJSigma

Banned
The build quality is fine IMO. I can't speak on the hard drive issue cos I've had no reason to remove mine from the console.

rchads89

Banned
The build quality is fine IMO. I can't speak on the hard drive issue cos I've had no reason to remove mine from the console.

No you dont need to remove the hdd if you just take the mesh side of on the back right you see the hdd cage and that moves all over the place, Must be a reason for it but i dont know why just looks shoddy

NooBish AbbZ 92

Distinguished Member
I'm kinda interested in this topic as I'm thinking about getting a new slim when my 360 gets back from M$ (trade it in along with lots of games)

Reviews?

Boozehound

Banned
I love my S model. It feels solidly made and the gloss black with silver trim looks far classier in my livingroom than my old white Premium did. Plus, as Depeche Mode would tell you, enjoy the silence of the S.

rchads89

Banned
well for comparison my Hard drive is not flimsy in the console, so must be something up with the OP's console, i have the halo reach slim and a glossy black 250GB slim :)

Its the casing that holds the hard drive they are all like that!

Dinky Dragon

well for comparison my Hard drive is not flimsy in the console, so must be something up with the OP's console, i have the halo reach slim and a glossy black 250GB slim :)

Me too, although the thing looks right outta place. Im hoping they release a Gears 3 Slim, I know they wiil :p

Then I can take apart my Halo Reach one and make it look pweetty.

EDIT- I must say it looks outta place because its silver and all my shizzle snizzle is black.

Last edited:

gr0uty

It's fine, surely people have more important things to worry about..... Yes im not in a good mood today.

Dinky Dragon

May I ask Dan how you managed that on your Gamerpic? You been a naughty boy?

rchads89

Banned
well your hard drive caddy may be causing your hard drive to shake mine does not, it goes up and down but not side to side :smashin:

EDIT:

infact my reach hard drive comes out no problem, but on the black slim it does not want to come out when pulling the tab :eek:

Well you have a one off slim then that was made in a different way lol As the cage does go up and down and side to side, every slim ive seen and looked at does it.

rchads89

Banned
Surely they don't move when your looking at them just sitting there?, that's it my god Watson you've got it! Problem solved don't touch it unless it's to change disc:smashin:

Is that a question?

Whats changing discs got to do with it? your trying to be smart and not even reading the posts, I will leave you and watson to it!

DR Kronenbourg

Distinguished Member
Is that a question?

Whats changing discs got to do with it? your trying to be smart and not even reading the posts, I will leave you and watson to it!

Ok enlighten me, the way i see it is if the hard drive moves about it must be because your moving it about, it doesn't move on it's own, the drive is mounted in that way to prevent you from shocking the drive if you were to knock it over or drop it, it sits in a kind of shock absorbing compartment.

As for changing discs that's the only reason to touch it once you've taken out the box isn't it? Yes that's a question.

Last edited:

mattclarkie

Distinguished Member
I miss the chrome DVD tray, and I wouldn't want a glossy black one as they look tacky IMO. The flap over the USB ports is not very good and is flimsy compared to the original 360s.

rchads89

Banned
Ok enlighten me, the way i see it is if the hard drive moves about it must be because your moving it about, it doesn't move on it's own, the drive is mounted in that way to prevent you from shocking the drive if you were to knock it over or drop it, it sits in a kind of shock absorbing compartment.

As for changing discs that's the only reason to touch it once you've taken out the box isn't it? Yes that's a question.

For that question, im on about hdd not dvd/cd rom.

Your enlightened!

DR Kronenbourg

Distinguished Member
I was never talking about the DVD drive, my statement about changing discs was that is the only requirement to touch the console after set up! So even though the HDD is meant to move there is no need to touch it and once your console is sitting nicely on it's shelf it shouldn't need touched again which will mean your HDD won't move;)

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

Starzplay streaming service rebrands as Lionsgate+
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
JVC adds Filmmaker Mode to latest D-ILA projector firmware
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Bowers & Wilkins launches Px8 headphone
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Sky set to launch its plug-and-play Sky Stream solution