1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Build Quality of Minoltas

Discussion in 'Photography Forums' started by melliott1963, Oct 14, 2003.

1. melliott1963

melliott1963

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Hi,

I'm currently looking to buy a new digital camera and have more or less settled on the Minolta A1 (when it becomes widely available).

My only concern is that one of the reviews I read commented that the build quality of the A1 is poor, the same as other Minolta models.

Can anyone with Minolta experience, such as the Dimage 7,7i, or 7Hi, comment on this?

Could it be that they really mean that 'for the money' you would expect the build quality to be better and in fact, it's not that bad?

I don't really want to spend £800 ish on a camera that starts rattling about and falling apart shortly after I've bought it.

Thanks.

2. MarkE19

MarkE19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,381
    I've got the Dimage 7 and have had no problems with build quality.
    I've had it around 3 years and have had no rattles etc and the build quality to me seems very good. I would have no problems recommending this camera to anybody else and I know of a few others on this forum that are happy with theirs.
    The only real way to tell if a camera is well built is to get hold of one and see what it feels like to you.

Mark.