Build me a HTPC for £1500

Jack the lad

Well Im prepared to spend upto £1500 (budget, not a target :D ) on a HTPC.

Below is what I need. I would prefer it already made up but Im not affraid of putting one together (never done it before :rolleyes: ) but would need a fairly comprehensive shopping list. Prices and surplier info would be a great help.

• DVD picture & sound quality is paramount.
  • Has to ultra quite.
  • Would need to be either HDCP HDMI or DVI compliant.
  • Must have digital coaxial out for going into a AV amp/processor and a optical input for my Sky+.
  • Capable of recording from my Sky+ box via Svideo.
  • Capable of playing the latest graphic intensive games so at least 2m of RAM and fast as hell.
  • Must be able to be easily upgradable to HD DVD when that comes out.
  • Easy to use front end.
  • And sexy as hell :) Im thinking brushed silver.
I know this is dumb request but I do need help of this.

Thanks in advance.

Media-Man

HDCP might be a bit of a problem at the moment; but the rest is pretty straight forward.

Any other requirements from the case? (VFD/card reader/USB/ etc.)

Jack the lad

mediaPC.tv said:
HDCP might be a bit of a problem at the moment; but the rest is pretty straight forward.

Any other requirements from the case? (VFD/card reader/USB/ etc.)
Not that bothered about VFD or card reader to be honest, depends on price. I would like USB though. Also WiFi would be nice :smashin:

Out of interest whats the problem with HDCP?

Many thanks :)

Media-Man

No graphics cards support it at the moment; there should be soon though (March/April IIRC), so it may just be worth hanging on a bit

Jack the lad

mediaPC.tv said:
No graphics cards support it at the moment; there should be soon though (March/April IIRC), so it may just be worth hanging on a bit
Is it just a graphics card issue ie nothing to do with say a DVD drive ?

If so then I will just replace the said card when they appear. I have my DVD player on Ebay at the moment so it will be an immidiate purchase :)

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom