Bugs and LCDs

jugglerb

Established Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if LCDTVS (In particular Tosh WLTs) suffer the same BUG problem as LCD computer monitors?

In my house I have a 17" and 19" LCD, both have these small insects that have managed to creep between the clear plastic and the LCD of the screen.( They are now very dead but still very visible)

My 19" has approx 7 or so which is most annoying as there is no way to get them out. (We call the bugs thunder bugs, they are also called july bugs as they are only out around that time of year)

I would have thought manufacturers should seal this gap to stop bugs and dust etc from getting in... :thumbsdow

Anyone know how easy it may be to remove the glass from the screen to clean the LCD panel?

Edit: Just found another thread and yes they are still prone...bugger.
Out of interest anyone cleaned the inside of a panel before?

You must be joking, july bugs are huge, about the size of bees. how did they get in your tv?

dunno - they only seem to be about in july. And there tiny little critters about the size of a comma , (in fact look at it ive got 7 of em stuck on my screen)...

, ,
, ,

They are Storm Flies, Dust can get in also, the cover behind the backlight reflector is vented and they get in between the White reflector and backlight Diffuser
a problem with many Panels.

Last edited by a moderator:
Think there called black flys or fruit flys.

Get em all thru summer with my wine making, they've attracked to bright light, smells and sugar.

I use a uv-light that captures 100's of em.

I got a corn lice also called thunder fly stuck in my pc tft!!

It crawled around for a couple of days and now it looks like a couple of dead pixels!!

No idea how to get it out

Anybody managed to resolve this problem?

I have a few in my new bedroom LCD(Samsung SM225MD). Don't really want to take it apart but would compressed air work without any damage?

Thunder Thrips! Wife has one or two in her HP lappy, nothing in the Toshiba yet *touches wood*.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom