Bug when locking programs

Dazzyman

Established Member
Reaction score
I've just noticed a very strange bug tonight. When I lock programs to keep with a padlock (ie pin number) I noticed when I went to view them I get what looks like a inch square dead pixel on the screen right near the centre of the screen. At first it made me panick and think it was my television but I tracked it down to not doing it with certain HD recordings (say Planet Earth) but it did it on films (as Id just locked Star Wars 1-3). I tried everything and unplugged the unit but nothing. Was about to give up after deleting a different film and nearly deleted all my films to rerecord what I can (as I was running out of room and thought it might have got corrupted) and then mistakingly unlocked a flim to reliase it seems to be a GUI problem causing it and it was fine again. So if you lock films with a code padlock and not just blue Keep thats whats doing it with the strange block on the screen not dead pixels :thumbsup:

That bug has been there since the very first SkyHD boxes were out.. it's just not been fixed yet.

It looked like a tv fault to many people.

This problem was first reported on "Launch Day" back on May 22nd.

People (including myself) were recording the HD preview on the BBC HD channel using manual-record.

The manual-record feature also promps for a PIN when you replay them and consequently, was also showing up this bug.

If you watch it for a few seconds, then rewind at 6X to the beginning of programme, then press PLAY, the dot is gone!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom