1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

bug in AVR300 tuner pre-sets ???

Discussion in 'Arcam Owners' Forum' started by Hifi addict, Mar 21, 2005.

1. Hifi addict

Hifi addict

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've noticed this glitch some time ago and for me it is not a problem, but my wife need to operate my AVR300 as well :D

I have set all tuner stations in a preset, but everytime she wants to select the next station (by pushing down/up on the AVR) she first has to push Preset/tune to get the receiver into "P"reset mode instead of "T"une mode.

is this a small bug or do I need to alter something?

2. johndon

johndon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +89
    This happens occasionally on my AVR300 but not all the time - it was fine this morning when I changed the preset.

John

3. Davedee

Davedee
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    My amp also appears to revert to Tuner mode after turning off and then back on, which is a bit annoying. I have not had time to investigate it any further but if there is a solution it is not obvious.

4. Hifi addict

Hifi addict

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    andy???? could you enlighten us on this issue?
    Maybe it has something to do with the way stations are stored in the internal memory, but he... I am just guessing here

5. Hifi addict

Hifi addict

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    seems like a bug that should be on the sw update list as more people have the same issue. Andy, any comments on that?

6. Hifi addict

Hifi addict

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    exactly the same with me dave. Do other AVR300 owners have the same issue?

7. davehk

davehk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +45
  8. Hifi addict

Hifi addict

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    any chance that this glitch is added as a feature in the next software upgrade for the AVR300? (and as default functionality in the AVP700).

also, when selecting AUX on the remote and using the up/down buttons, the tuner is stepping up/down with 0.05 steps instead of next/previous preset. You first have to choose a number and then the tuner does go into the ""P"" mode and pushing the up/down will result in the next/previous preset

9. Hifi addict

Hifi addict

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    it seems that the only way to get this to the attention to arcam is to file an official entry into their support department :(

10. Hifi addict

Hifi addict

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    last try. Andy, engineer, care to respond ????

11. ANDY_DUTTON

ANDY_DUTTON

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +87
    Hi,

I heard you the first time :) however since this type of problem is very difficult to fix I didn't want to raise any ones expectations by commenting. I now have a set of Beta code in which we belive we have fixed the Preset Memory problem. Intermittent problems like this are very difficult to fix as you never really know if it is fixed or not and it is very difficult to test.

We have also added a P or T in the tuner display to tell the user if the unit is in preset or Tune mode.

Since this is still beta Code and needs to be verified it will be several weeks (Possibly longer if it turns out another bug has been introduced) before it will be released.

Regards,
    Andrew

12. Hifi addict

Hifi addict

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks for the respons andy !!!

just knowing that it is under arcams attention is already enough for me ! I don't expect instant bug fixing.

It could also be that I did something wrong somewhere, but here this is not the case. I do appreciate the efforts so far