1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Buffy

Discussion in 'TV Show Forum' started by ADEOWEN, Feb 19, 2002.

1. ADEOWEN

ADEOWEN

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I,m thinking about buying the season one set,can anyone tell me if it is any good and which region to buy?cheers in advance

2. encaser

encaser

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +112
    I bought the R2 one when it came out and it's alright. At first the pic quality looks not great for dvd but this is reasoned to be owing to it being shot on cheaper camera types/gear. I can't say about the R1 one because they are behind R2. So I'd guess most will have R2. There is an annoying pc program they've linked with it for viewing on the pc, but not an issue if you're just dvd to tv - or when I viewed on pc I used 'remote selector' to circumvent it.
    Of course the convenience and sound make it worth it, not to mention some fine eps. with sexy young ladies in trashy clothes. I'll go now.:devil:

Oh in case you didn't know, Depeche Mode are on C4 tonight in the 4Music thing so check it out!

3. retriever

retriever

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    ADEOWEN

I have the region 2 copy and a friend has a region 1, the only difference that I can see, is a small bit of censorship on the region 2 disc when Buffy cuts off a vampires head, the cut is only about a second, so blink and you'll miss it, the only other difference is the quality of the region 1 is supposed to be better but it is not really noticeable. You also get a small booklet with the region 2 discs which give a bit of background to each episode.

4. graham_ew

graham_ew

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    the Region 4 versons work out quite cheap, are in better packaging IMO (each disc is in a seperate case ala the vhs versons they are also split into part1 & part2 ,,,,,,2nd series onward) try www.ezydvd.com.au

5. Duvel

Duvel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I have the region 2 version and have to say the picture quality is a little disapointing:(