Buffy The Vampire Slayer - Complete $98.99

It's just a pity I already ordered the Region 2 dvds.
.. me too
- will just have bask in the superiority of our 1.78:1 anamorphic versions despite JW's disapproval

:D

It's $105.97 so far with the cheapest delivery. Can anyone work out how much this could end up with postage & customs?

:lease: Am very tempted if not that much over £50.

The PO admin feee has been raised to £8 (from £4). You are looking about another £18.70. However it has been known to be a couple of quid less.

Customs Duty 3.5% (£1.70)

VAT 17.5% inc shipping (£9.00)

Post Office Administration charge (£8.00)

It is still an excellent price. I paid several hundred on the region 2's (before I realised DVD's were going to be so cheap).

Hmmm, £68 delivered (and duty paid ) is better than that and it has better packaging and an extra disc too. Still very tempted.
... so do you want the Whedonophillic 1.33:1 non-anamorphic R1 or the Jossophobic 1.78:1 anamorphic R2? :devil:

BTW when trying to checkout amazon promoted their amazon 'reward' credit card which would give me a $30 credit back. Anyone else applied for this before? Is it worth signing up so I can get another £15 'off' the price? Can I pay my credit card bill in most uk banks?

Also: I read on another forum that this price for buffy is for today only.

8 quid handling charge. this is a feckin disgrace. looks like it may be worth sending those packages that incur customs via dhl now.

Unless the rules have changed in the last year (and the Customs web site is down right now so I can't check), duty is not payable on items under £200.

Anything over £18 will get that customs charge. It has always been that. The 3.5% value is for DVD's (and CD's).

Anything over £18 will get that customs charge. It has always been that. The 3.5% value is for DVD's (and CD's).
The £18 limit just applies to the import VAT. The 3.5% rate is customs duty and follows different rules.

Customs duty - this is usually charged as a percentage of the value. The percentage varies depending on the type of goods and their country of origin. Duty is charged on the price paid for the goods including any local sales taxes plus postage, packing and insurance costs. However, postage is excluded from the calculation for duty on gifts sent by post except for Express Mail Service (EMS).

Where the value of gifts is below £290 per consignment a flat rate of duty of 3.5% will be applied, but only if it is to your advantage.

Note: Customs duty will be waived if the amount is less than £7.
HM Revenue & Customs

At 3.5%, the item's value would have to be £200 to attract £7 duty.

This may explain why the total charge has been a couple of quid less than you expected, as you mentioned above.

With Duty, I know from experience it hasn't changed in the six years of getting DVD's. The £18 relates to the cost of the actual item before shipping. As soon as it costs £18.01 or more. The 3.5% will be charged.

A £20 DVD will have import duty of 0.70p.

As the Buffy works out at $99/£50. The customs is 3.5% which is £1.75.

See here.

Customs and import duties

I ended up paying £8.90 on a £24 DVD inc postage about a year ago.

Customs 3.5% £0.70 (£20 DVD)
VAT £4.20 (£20-£4)
Admin £4

It sounds like they overcharged you, as the Customs web site says quite clearly that duty under £7 will be waived.

Just got mine through and somehow managed to avoid customs charges! Victory!

Just got mine through and somehow managed to avoid customs charges! Victory!

Who delivered it - if it was royal mail you have indeed avoided customs as they wont release the goods until you pay but if it was a courier such as DHL or UPS they quite often release the goods then send you a bill for the customs.

It was just left in the porch in a large sack, with the box inside. Return address was in Germany. Take that, you robbing HM Customs buggers! Was expecting to pay £20 duty so this makes the set the bargain of the year for me...

It was just left in the porch in a large sack, with the box inside. Return address was in Germany. Take that, you robbing HM Customs buggers! Was expecting to pay £20 duty so this makes the set the bargain of the year for me...

They have been routing through Germany for some time.

How long did it take to come. If it was someone like DHL, it would have stamps somewhere.

The customs charge is a hit or a miss really, some of my dvds go through France I've noticed of late.

Well down sirrus79!

Liam

Many thanks to rhythslave as mine arrived today with nothing to pay on top.

With a nice garden sack too !

Indie...

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom