Buffy Season 2

Discussion in 'TV Show Forum' started by General Murmur, Jun 13, 2001.

1. General Murmur

General Murmur

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Who is doing the best price for this set at the moment ?, and is there a better version that the R2 one available ?

2. Nike

Nike

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +20
    General,
    The best price I've seen for this so far is £62.99 from play247. I'd be interested if anyone has seen better.
    I'd like to get this, but am having trouble justifying to myself over 60 notes for a TV series thet I've seen most episodes of.
    Probably end up getting it at some stage though...

3. dUnKle

dUnKle
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,423
    As far as I am aware boxset 1 and 2 are not available on R1 !

The picture quality of box set 1 and 2 is not the greatest you will see, probably slightly better than good VHS but its more to do with what it is rather than a poor transfer. Both box sets are fantastic quality and for what you get are excellent value for money, even if you pay RRP

I can not see how an R1 edition could be better quality

4. h0l1yw0od

h0l1yw0od

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    My only gripes with the Buffy Season 2 set are that the disc sleeve's are far too tight (Buffy...tight...mmmmmmmmmmmm :) ) I think most people have agreed with this one, it doesn't line up with the Season 1 set (sorry, I'm being picky now) and I would have really like the book with all the trivia/notes and stuff like the one that came with the first set. But still a good set overall and Season 2 was far better then Season 1.

5. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Fox won't be using Season 2 style packaging for Season 3 of Buffy, instead they plan to use an X-Files style packaging

6. PoochJD

PoochJD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,861
    Hi,

The "Buffy" sets are well worth getting, and are still excellent value for money, even over the VHS sets.

I agree with Hollywood, r.e. the tightness of the DVD sleeves for the Second Season boxed set, but I believe that the R4 editions will rectify that. I don't know if they are out yet, but they are being released as two sets, i.e. Season 2, episodes 1-11, and then Season 2, episodes 12-22. However, the combined price for both, is still only about £65-£70, so you're not spending much more than the R2 combined version.

I returned my R2 set, as "faulty" because of the problem with the way the DVD's are stored, and it wasn;t possible for me to locate one store, that had a pristine copy. All of the discs were either already scratched, or got scratched by trying to get the damn things out of their sleeves. I believe that the R4 edition is going to be actual Amaray cases, in a cardboard box holder, which is a better solution all round.

Best check some of the R4 websites though, for more details.

Pooch

7. PoochJD

PoochJD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,861
    HI,

I've received an e-mail from EzyDVD in Australia this morning, to say that the R4 editions of Buffy Season 2 are as follows:

All discs are housed in standard AMaray cases, with regular sleeves. The three cases are then housed in a cardboard "Buffy"-style box. There are two sets, Episodes 1-11, and Episodes 12-22. To get the complete series from EzyDVD, costs International/Non-Australian customers $155 Australian. This includes delivery and insurance (!!!) which is nice of them. For UK customers, that works out to about £55-£60! Wahey!

Pooch