1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Buffy S7 sound quality poor (variable volume)

Discussion in 'TV Show Forum' started by Paul Williams, Jun 10, 2004.

1. Paul Williams

Paul Williams

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    Hi All,

Just got this yesterday and watched a few episodes. I'm finding the sound qualit very poor in places. Menu/Selection background music is loud, so I reduce the volume, playing the episodes I have to then increase the volume quite a bit. Not to much of an issue, but of real concern is the 'in episode' changes in volume for speech which in places shows a considerable variation. This has ment having to stop and replay sections to hear certain bits of dialogue. Anyone else having this problem?

Paul

2. Lex

Lex

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    I have it and haven't noticed the problems you are referring to... I only watched it on my bedroom setup which is only a stereo amp, but I certainly didn't notice anything like you described...

3. nwgarratt

nwgarratt
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,820
    I haven't heard of this issue but, there is another one.

Some players create a audio delay like a kind of lip sync problem. My Sony NS900 plays the discs fine but, there is a problem with my Cyberhome CHDVD 400. The episodes affected seem to be 12, 13 and 21.

As my Sony is my main player I am not that bothered.