1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Buffy reruns - episodes missing

Discussion in 'TV Show Forum' started by smelly, Jun 11, 2005.

1. smelly

smelly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +102
    Sorry bit of a rant coming on.....

I'm trying to watch Buffy from the beginning as believe it or not I hadn't see it before!! Anyway I thought Five were running it all through from the beginning but it seems that they've stopped at the end of series 1 for the time being. I noticed that Sky One was showing series 2 so I thought I'd start watching it on there...but I've noticed that next weeks programmes are episodes 5,7,9,10,11,,12,16. What's happened to all the ones in between?? :confused:

I think I might wait until Five carry on showing it - if they ever do - as I don't want to waste time watching only half of it. Why do they do this? :mad:

Rant over :D

2. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +979
    I read over at DS that SKY do not show some episodes due to the extensive cuts that would be required for the timeslots currently being used.

You know you really want the DVD's :)
    Choicesdirect have a special on for all 7 seasons only £180 not too bad since the "cheap" re-released boxsets are pretty rare now.

3. Marc

Marc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,081
    episode 6 is the halloween episode, which could be considered disturbing (for children)
    episode 8 has jenny calendar possessed by a demon, again perhaps not suitable for kids
    13 and 14 ARE TWO OF THE BEST EPISODES OF THE SEASON!! you simply have to see these!! The rest of the season (and my screen name) will make no sense without them! they do contain sexual content though, so again that might be why they've been dropped
    15 is really the introduction of Oz as a main character, nothing too worrying in it..

4. smelly

smelly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +102
    Thanks both, I think I might restort to buying them on DVD although £180 seems a lot to spend on DVD's in one go :eek:

5. Marc

Marc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,081
    yeah it does seem a lot to spend in one go. i wonder if any of the unlimited dvd rental places have buffy dvd's cos that could save you a lot if you only really plan on watching them the once. me, i have all the individual boxsets but i've got them over a much longer period of time so its not so bad.

oh, and start to watch angel too if you can, its another superb joss whedon show, but you really need to start watching season 1 at the same time as season 4 of buffy so the timeline is in sync.

6. smelly

smelly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +102
    I've just remembered that a mate of mine was a Buffy fan so they've probably got every epsiode...might have to ask to borrow them :smashin: