1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Buffy and Angel?

Discussion in 'TV Show Forum' started by Garrett, Jan 7, 2003.

1. Garrett

Garrett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,490
    Is Buffy and Angel staring a new series next week as they have just advertised they are showing last seasons finale of them on Thursday? I cannot find my TV guide.:(

2. RL123

RL123

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Buffy - yes
    Angel - not sure. Probably the week after :(

Shame really because, as much as I love Buffy, the last series of Angel was just excellent. If it can carry on like that next year, IMHO its on it's way to overtaking Buffy and being one of the Sci-Fi shows ever.

3. gringottsdirect

gringottsdirect

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +29
    ....beginning to think same.

4. JamesOD

JamesOD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26
    I have seen 10 of the season 7 episodes of buffy and 7 of the season 4 episodes of angel and buffy is so far ahead this season in terms of storylines acting etc. that angel just does not compare this year.

Angel was the better show last year but all the writing talent has gone over to buffy, the last few minutes of ep. 10 made my wife cry.

5. RL123

RL123

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Excellent news James. I loved the action and comedy episodes of Buffy but nothing can compare to a good, emotional episode. There are just too many to mention but I'm thinking of Prophecy Girl, The Gift, Amends, Seeing Red etc etc

Some of the finest writing and acting I've ever seen

6. JamesOD

JamesOD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26
    Episodes 7 and 10 have been the real standouts but all of the episodes have been cool so far oh and episode 8 was also way above any of the normal episodes but the good thing about this season is the fact that the bad guy is really BAD no more jonathan or mystery monster fillers all the episodes relate to the story arc of the season and the pacing is the best so far if this is the last season then it is an example of how shows should be ended unlike the X-Files etc. which went on way past there prime.

I am going to stop before the spoilers start.

7. Shoka

Shoka

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +239
    New season of buffy starts Jan 16th on sky one, think angel is on the same day, not 100% though.

8. RL123

RL123

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Excellent news about the bad guy. Without spoiling anything, is it a bit like series 5 where Glory was pretty much established within 3-4 episodes as the big bad? I'm really looking forward to this series of Buffy...I thought 6 was really good although most of my friends disagreed.

I know what you mean but IMHO X-Files didn't go downhill. It hit a ridiculous peak at the beginning and could never touch that again, no matter how hard it tried.

X-Files is my favourite show of all time - I've just finished collecting all 8 boxsets and I've got over 20 seperate tapes (inc. rare ones that got deleted and withdrawn - gotta love market stalls and 2nd hand shops :D )

Yeah the early series were the best ones (2,3,1 IMO). I'm currently watching series 7 and there are some EXCELLENT dramatic episodes in there - Biogenesis (maybe the best episode ever), One Son and Closure are all just superb. Ok the rest are average to good, but it's still the best Sci-Fi show of all time IMO

btw I haven't seen series 8 and 9 so perhaps it did go downhill then, but I remember reading that 8 and 9 were really good series' so maybe I'm wrong there. And please don't post any spoilers, I wouldn't be happy :D :(

9. barrykil

barrykil

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26
    buffy 16th, angel last ep of old series also 16th
    new series angel week later 23rd

10. James45

James45
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I love those filler, stand alone episodes of Buffy, they are some of the most memorable of the show.
    Can't wait for the new seasons of both buffy and angel, as both are always more entertaining than anything else on TV. Although saying that I really didn't like the last two seasons of Buffy.

11. JamesOD

JamesOD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26
    You know who the bad guy is early on but not WHAT it is you just know its evil and that is what makes it a great season.

The fact that the big bad is not some stupid kids or glory or that really crap android Adam just makes it a lot more entertaining there are still some small filler episodes but even they contain important plot developments unlike last season where you could skip a few and still get the basics.

My wife is the avid sci-fi nut in the house and at the start I only watched the X-Files, Buffy et al because she did but now I end up getting the new episodes as there aired and watching them more than her