1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Buffy - An urgent question?!

Discussion in 'TV Show Forum' started by PoochJD, Jun 3, 2001.

1. PoochJD

PoochJD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,862
    Hi Folks,

I need your help by 14:30 on Monday 4th June please.

The gorgeous and wonderful Amber Benson, who plays Tara (Willow's wiccan girlfriend) in Season 4 and 5 of Buffy, is at my local comics store tomorrow afternoon.

My dilemma is: should I ask her to sign my Buffy DVD Season 1 set on each of the 3 DVD's, or just on the box and/or booklet?

I know it seems trivial, but I think the former would make for a much more "collectable" Collector's Edition. However, I thought that some of you might have a better idea.

Pooch

2. dUnKle

dUnKle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,455
    I would say go for the box, as she may be limited to how much she can sign and also pay not have anything suitable to write on the DVD with.

Also are you considering asking her to sign a few postcards and sending them free of charge to people who answer your question :) ?

Whixh comic shop is it by the way ? In my late teen years I visited far to many of them all over the country

3. PoochJD

PoochJD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,862
    Duncan,

You asked: "Also are you considering asking her to sign a few postcards and sending them free of charge to people who answer your question :) ?"

Errr, well I wasn't, but because you have helped, I will TRY and get you one signature. However, I can't promise you anything. If I'm successful, I'll post in this forum thread.

But, before anyone else asks, I WILL NOT BE DOING THIS FOR ANYONE ELSE, EXCEPT DUCAN, so please don't put any requests in, as I simply don't have the time to fulfill all of them, and it would be rude of me to ask Miss Benson, to do this.

With regards to which shops, she is at:

Forbidden Planet, Leeds, 4th June @ 11am-1pm

FP, Manchester, 4th June @ 5-7pm

Worlds Apart, Liverpool, 5th June @ 5-7pm

FP, Nottingham, 7th June @ 5-7pm.

Hope this helps some of you get to see her!

Pooch

4. dUnKle

dUnKle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,455
    It was only meant as a joke, but if you could get me something small signed I would be more than grateful. I am ashamed to say I visited most of those stores during my college holidays but am working nights for awhile and so will not be able to make it.

If you do decide to get a DVD signed I would go to WH Smith and ask about getting a pen which will write on the DVD, not smudge, dry instantly and not remove. Some pens refuse to write on these sorts of material and some smudge. Just ask and they should recomend one.

If you go for the box then get her to sign on the bottom most picture of the cross, the season one cast photo. Its not too dark a picture and a signature here would look rather nice. Again I would take your own pen as sometimes they only use either a biro or a great big magic marker. I have a feeling that the magic marker would smudge on the box.

Thanks again

5. dUnKle

dUnKle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,455
    Hope this helps, I have just dug out one of my comic book price guides which has an article on signatures.

" When seeking a signature, a number of guidelines should be followed. Use an art-quality gold or silver ink pen which flows freely so that the artist or writer doesnt have to press too hard. Avoid getting a personalized signature unless you want it specifically made out to your or a friend. Creators are generally very accommodating and will ask what you want so dont be shy. It also pays to be courteous as at a major signing, an individual may have been signing for two hours already. And finally, these ink pens need a couple of seconds to dry and become permanent so avoid being hasty and smudging the signature "

I hope that helps, WH Smiths will sell the art pens and at the same time enquire about a pen that will write on a DVD / CD. Im not sure if the art pen will do the trick, you could always experiment on one of those free CD-ROMS from a magazine. Also the guide says that sigantures are not the best bet for making an item worth more and suggest doing it for personal reasons rather than financial. The choice is yours, but I would get her to write TO POOCH on your box set !

Oh and if she could put, TO DUNCAN ALL MY LOVE, that would be twice as nice :) LOL

6. PoochJD

PoochJD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,862
    Evening All,

Got back from the Amber Benson/Tara signing today, and she was as beautiful off-screen, as on.

There were close to 350 people there, and I was in the first 100, though I did have to queue for over 2 hours! It was worth it!

Okay, now onto the news. Amber was sweet enough to sign all three of the Season 1 DVD Boxed Set DVD's for me, which was nice. Alas I didn't see Duncan's latest postings until a minute or two ago, so.... Sorry, Duncan! (She used a permanent gold pen, which looks sooooo coool against the blue of the DVD's!)

Also, Miss Benson, has completed her first feature film. She has written, produced and directed an acid romantic comedy called "Chance", with filming finishing in mid-April of this year. No release dates yet, I'm afraid, but should be interesting! (She's only 24 after all! God bless, her little cotton socks!)

I was also very lucky in getting a photo of the two of us together, which was very sexy, and also incredibly nerve-wracking for me!

Finally, Duncan: I managed to get a promo-leaflet advertising all of her signings, signed by her, just for you, but no personal note I'm afraid. (I chickened out about asking for personal notes, like "To... Best Wishes, Amber", etc, etc.) If you want to e-mail me with a postal address that I can forward it on to, then that would be cool.

My e-mail address is: thepizzapooch@yahoo.com

Cheers for all your input folks. Hope some of you get to see her as well!

Pooch