1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Buffy 2nd Box set?

Discussion in 'TV Show Forum' started by t-force, Jan 16, 2001.

1. t-force

t-force

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +135
    Hello people,

I was wondering if anyone had any news as to when the second series of Buffy the Vampire Slayer is going to make its appearance on DVD. From what I can work out, the first set has yet to appear in the States, so this could slow things down quite a bit.

2. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    There is speculation at the moment that Buffy DVD Box Set 2 will see a R2 release late May.

This sounds reasonable given that it would likely tie in with a VHS release of the Start of Season 5 in this time period also. Remember that DVD Set 1 was released with Season 4 VHS Set 1.

I can see a release philosophy of DVD Boxed Set launched in line with Set 1 of each new VHS Season release. Fans (myself included) will buy the VHS set and replace their old Seasons with the DVDs. BBFC entries for DVD set 2 have already been entered. Given that there is normally a maximum 6 month window this would also tie in.

------------------
    Webmaster. http://www.bulletsnbabesdvds.com

[This message has been edited by Jenz @ Bullets n Babes (edited 16-01-2001).]

3. mysteriousjimmy

mysteriousjimmy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  4. Duncan Harvey

Duncan Harvey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    encore have it on pre order for under £40. This suggests its going to be a three disc half a season job, which is a pain.

the R4 release according to ezydvd is a full blown six disc set.

I know which one I'll be getting

5. Jenz

Jenz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Duncan you may be jumping the gun there. There's no way the set would be split up in R2 and sold whole in R4, the encoding and discs are the same to ensure econonmies of scale.

The R2 box set 1 is encoded for R4 also. The £40 price is not indicative of a half set. The Sets normally retail at £49.95 hence a sale price is normally around £38. In fact many got theres for around £32.

------------------
    Webmaster,
    http://www.bulletsnbabesdvds.com

6. Duncan Harvey

Duncan Harvey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hold on though - the second season is 22 or 24 episodes, ie a full season as opposed to a "half" length first season, so you'd need six discs - can you see this happening for £40.

Also the VHS tapes have been released in half box sets for Buffy and Angel, so this would be consistent if the DVDs were released this way.

As for replicating the same R2/R4 discs - well yes this makes sense but doesnt have an impact on what I was saying.

If encore have got it right then there will be two box sets for season two in the UK.

7. baccattack

baccattack

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +31
    I hope it gets released earlier than the suggested date of May. Having not previously watched the show and having only just got round to watching the season one boxset that I was given for christmas I am already addicted and don't think I could wait that long.

I could buy it on vhs but why should I when dvd offers better quality. Also I'd only end up paying for it twice, once on vhs and once on dvd. Indeed given the chance I'd buy all of the series so far if they released it tomorrow on dvd.

Stephen.

8. StuartBooth

StuartBooth

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Stephen,

You could always buy my VHS tapes at a nice price. Seasons 2 and 3, 6 tapes to a season, watched once. Mint condition as I'm a bit anal about the condition of my CDs, books, DVDs, videos etc.

I had only just finished watching S3 when the DVDs were announced. Boo hiss...

------------------
    Stuart Booth
    Somewhere in Buckinghamshire, England, UK

9. baccattack

baccattack

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +31
    Stuart,

There's nothing anal about keeping your collection in pristine condidtion, don't we all do this anyway. So how much would you be asking for your season 2 + 3 boxsets?

Stephen.

10. dUnKle

dUnKle
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,057
    Why has nobody mentioned ANGEL, its a much much better series, just a pity they killed off Doyle.

Buffy seemed to be getting little better with last few epsiodes of the prev. series, with the initiative and Adam, being rather good but im afraid that if it was not for SPIKE the whole thing would be rather lacking in any quality

11. StuartBooth

StuartBooth

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Duncan,

I completely missed Buffy when it first got shown. I caught a couple of episodes from S1 and thought it was a kiddies program. How wrong I was!

It wasn't until S4, and Angel S1 that I tried it again after picking up on conversations at work. Whoa! Was I suddenly hooked. I actually went for Angel first as it seemed more adult at the time, harder edged and darker. Nowadays though I just like them both.

They're a good combination that work well together.

------------------
    Stuart Booth
    Somewhere in Buckinghamshire, England, UK