Buffalo Whr G125 setup\Speed

eurovox

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi ive got a buffalo whr g125 router and Buffalo wli u2 adaptor I have set it all up and have internet access etc but it all seems a little slow, Im ok with routers but i dont really know whats slowing it down i have changed the security to wep 128 as i thought that may have been slowing it down but its stilll slow any one have the same router or any ideas as im a little stuck ive looked around the internet for help but cant relly find much :eek:

What do you mean slow. Where is it slow? How are you measuring the slowness?

slower when downloading seem to be getting around 50k when im using 20 mb bb, alsoyou can tell the differance in loading times with webpages

any one please it says it's connected at 54mbs even though i shouldbe able to get 125 but it still even slow for that. (for example im wrighting this message and page still loading)

Having read your threads again, are you complaining about your LAN speed or your broadband speed or a bit of both?

54 Mb/s is the speed of your wireless adapter. It is the nominal speed of IEEE 802.11g devices but due to its protocol you won't even get half that even on a good day with the wind behind you. Assuming that both the router and the adapter support Buffalo's proprietary extensions try checking that it is switched on.

Having read your threads again, are you complaining about your LAN speed or your broadband speed or a bit of both?

54 Mb/s is the speed of your wireless adapter. It is the nominal speed of IEEE 802.11g devices but due to its protocol you won't even get half that even on a good day with the wind behind you. Assuming that both the router and the adapter support Buffalo's proprietary extensions try checking that it is switched on.

bit of both really

Ok 125 High Speed Mode but maybe it shouldnt say when it achiving this.

i just ran speed test and nw download is at 2455 k and upload 713 ish which is fine.

But when using newsgroups i get around 1000k at most or downloading from webpages i get around 50k at most

Try a comparison via Ethernet. That will show you whether you have a slow LAN or slow broadband. It could even be a slow PC as slow resolution of pages could be that.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom