1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Buffalo Linktheatre probs, any help?

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by emporer, Jul 17, 2005.

1. emporer

emporer
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,626
    Just got one of these and rigged it up on wireless network, it worked straight away ( with or without WEP enabled ) but after I turned it off for a while and then went to watch something on it, it can't connect. It shows the PC on the login screen and when I try to access it it just keeps saying 'wake on LAN fail'. Ive had a peep to see if wake on lan was enabled but there is no option in my pc's bios for this. I got it to work again a few times by changing the ssid on the wireless as it would pick it up then, but as soon as you turn it off and back on the same thing happens.

Any help is greatly appreciated as this is doing my head right in, it worked solidly when it's connected.

My router is a Netgear wgt624 if it helps

2. Orsky

Orsky
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi there, Its a known software bug where the LT loses its network settings each time you switch it off. The only workaround right now is to leave it on. I believe there is a new s/w release due in mid August. There's another bug where music playback is garbled for the first few seconds of a track. Roll on the new release!

Cheers

Tony

3. Mat-Moo

Mat-Moo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Very tempted to buy one of these as a replacement for my divx/dvd player ( to gain access to my pc material) are they any good?

4. emporer

emporer
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,626
    I sorted the connection issues, just set the network to wired and AOSS to off, then save the settings and reboot the LT. After that it will detect a network and it's been fine ever since. My router is set to channel 11 and to 'g'g mode only. Works a treat and is the muts nuts. Streaming movies wirelessly is perfect.

5. Stampax

Stampax

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +85
    EMPORER - whats the quality of the DVD player like? Am also v tempted by one of these over the showcenter - why did you choose the linktheatre?

6. Stephen Neal

Stephen Neal

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +764
    Does the Buffalo play back R2 "PAL" aka 576/50i DVDs in 576/50i or 576/50p component (and/or composite and s-video)?

Do you know if it also plays back 1080/50i in 1080/50i?

Looking at the specs on line it doesn't seem to mention any non-60Hz modes at all.

I know the IO Data LinkPlayer 2 has tentative 576/50i support - and the Showcenter 200 (which doesn't have a DVD drive) has a SCART socket and offers 576/50i support - I can't see anything on the Buffalo site about PAL or 50Hz.

As they are marketing it in the UK - I'd imagine it was Region 2 576/50i compatible - but it isn't clear yet...