Budget (used) sub sat system

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by Menalitus, Nov 11, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Menalitus

Menalitus
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Hi guys

A freind has asked me for suggestions on what to get for a half decent but budget sub/sat system.
    I suggeted a Denon avr-x2000 as the amp as they can be picked up for a good price and will do all he needs and he has pulled the trigger and got one.

Next is speakers, need to be compact and able to be tucked away from young kids hands. He was talking Bose and I have suggested Kef "eggs" of some kind (2005/3005) as great bang for bucks second hand, I recon they are a good choice. What I am after though is any suggestions of alternatives? His budget is prob 200-250 from ebay, the main requirement is they have to be small.

Main use will be movies/tv a little music but his last system was pretty basic so don't need to be particularly musical, just decent.

Any thoughts?

Cheers

Mike

2. sanjualf

sanjualf

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +302
    £ 200-250 is that a combined price for the sub sat system?
    If it is around £200 Mark then If he can find something like Boston soundware Xs I think, great speakers sats are the size of Bose ones. Quite decent sound for the price
    Also could try Tannoy HTS 101 5.1 unit
    If he could stretch up the budget, a second hand 5 sat unit of Monitor audio Mass speakers ( they look like small jewels mounted in the wall quite neat) with probably a second hand BK 200 sub would give him quite big punch for the money

3. Menalitus

Menalitus
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Thanks dude yes £250 max for all 5.1 will take a look at your suggestions. The MA Mass would be perfect but I think it's over budget unfortunately. Of course budgets get more elastic once browsing commences (mine does anyway) so it may go up I suppose. :)

4. owen021173

owen021173

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +339
    What about some Jamo hcs 5.1 speaker package?
    Great little starter set-up and some in the classifieds as we speak [emoji23]