• hisense u7a

Votes: 4 100.0%
  • other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

adrianisko

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi I’m looking to buy a new TV, mostly for playing video games (ps4) and watching netflix. I’m on a tight budget (500 eur max) so nothing fancy. It will be replacing a 24 inch pc screen so im sure any option will be an upgrade. Im currently looking at the hisense u7a and the samsung nu7400. Both 50 inch sizes. they’re both priced at exactly 500 eur so top of my budget and was thinking they were probably the best options. Im also fine with spending less and putting the extra money elsewhere Thanks for any recommendations

What size are you looking at? At 50" they perform the same, Samsung perhaps preferable due to extra HDMI 2.0 port and better smart TV.

At other sizes they could be very different TVs with Samsung maybe using a IPS type panel at 55". In that case the Hisense would be the better option if you don't need wide viewing angles.

Whilst TVs at this price accept a HDR signal they do not display it well, but that is something you can't avoid without spending quite a bit more.

I’m only looking at the 50” models. So if the samsung is a VA panel it should be the better option?

VA will give you more contrast, but is more limited in viewing angles before the colour begins to become dull and washed out. So ultimately, the choice between them comes down to whether you are viewing the TV from straight on, or from an angle.

I’m only looking at the 50” models. So if the samsung is a VA panel it should be the better option?
The Samsung won't be using a Samsung panel, it will be using the same Innolux panel as the Hisense. So in terms of picture quality they are going to be very similar, if not the same.

Go with the model that is the cheapest. In the UK they tend to be the same price but the Samsung has an extra HDMI 2.0 port and a smart system that is preferred by many over Hisense. You may also prefer the way one model looks aesthetically compared to the next.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom