Budget Subwoofer

Tomfoolery

Novice Member
Hi,

Sorry if this has been asked a lot before.

A couple of years ago I bought a surround sound package which included the Yamaha SW-P201 subwoofer. It's now really starting to show it's limitations as it pops when there is a lot of base and generally doesn't sound that good.

I've been considering an upgrade to a different subwoofer. I really can't afford to pay more than £150 as I'm a student and have no proper income.

Based on this, can anybody recommend a subwoofer that's cheaper than £150, and will be noticably better than my old subwoofer?

Thanks
Tom

Daneel

There was a Paradigm in trades forum that might fit the bill at that price, not sure if it has sold yet. IMO a sub worth having cannot be bought cheaply, you get a boom box not a sub. If we were in the US something from SVS or Hsu would be your best bet although still over your budget. Here you can only really go 2nd had for that kind of money.

Ian J

Banned
Originally posted by Tomfoolery
Based on this, can anybody recommend a subwoofer that's cheaper than £150, and will be noticably better than my old subwoofer?
Probably not if it's new but you can get some fairly decent subs second hand if you keep an eye on the classified forum here

kbfern

Distinguished Member
There's a Paradigm PS1000 going for sale on e-bay at the momment current bid £100 with 2 hrs to go.An awsome sub at this price.

S

stevebt

ive pointed someone in this direction who is selling a rel q100e sub, might be in the forsale section today

The latest video from AVForums

Panasonic HZ2000 OLED TV Review: The best OLED for movie viewing in 2020
Top Bottom