1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Budget Subwoofer suggestions for relative AV newbie?

Discussion in 'Subwoofers' started by ConEEE, Jun 26, 2005.

1. ConEEE

ConEEE

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello,

I'm a newbie to these forums and I hope you guys can help me out with some subwoofer suggestions.

I'm looking for a decent sounding medium power subwoofer to go with my current receiver setup. This is as follows;

Yamaha HTR-554DRDS AV Receiver
    Two Mission m71 Stereo Speakers
    Two Mission m7ds Rear Surround Speakers
    One Mission m7c1 Central Speaker

What I'm looking for is to open up the low end sound that I'm getting from this system. Currently I'm only pushing the low midrange sounds with the built in woofers in the stereo speakers. So, what I'd like to do is get a decent subwoofer on a budget of around £100-£200 that can connect to the Black "composite" style subwoofer connection on my Receiver. (I'm not sure of the correct lingo).

Can anyone suggest any subs that will do this for me at that price range?

Thanks in advance, Conrad

2. sbowler

sbowler

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +487
    there have been one or two good subs on ebay recently, the vibe alpha 1 went for 110 pounds and the Rel strata 2 that went for 120. worth a look:clap:

3. Ian J

Ian J
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,906
    The Velodyne CHT8 at £188 will probably hit the spot for you. It is being offered to forum members at this special price by AV Sales and clicking the banner at the top of this page will take you to the details of the offer.

The connection is via a phono cable to the LFE output on your amp