Budget subwoofer for small home theatre.

Texaslawdog

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi all, first time poster. I am in need of a bit of advice please.
I currently have a home theatre set up of a Pioneer VSX-1018AH receiver, Panasonic DMR-PWT520 BluRay recorder, Panasonic TH-55UT50A Plasma TV, Netflix box, Jamo CL20 MAINS, Energy C-1000 centre, and 2 sets of Flatline in ceiling surrounds.
My room size is 4m x 4m.
I am chasing a budget subwoofer to give me decent bass, not looking to blow out my windows. Yes, I would love CVS, but can't. I have a budget of approx $500 AUD.
I have looked at following:
NEW
Polk PSW110
PARADIGM PDR 80
2ND hand online
JAMO SUB 1810
JAMO SUB 250
JAMO SUB 800
WHARFEDALE WA12B
JBL BALBOA 10/230

Any advice would be appreciated, except spend more. Love to but can't.
Thanks
David

Hi all, first time poster. I am in need of a bit of advice please.
I currently have a home theatre set up of a Pioneer VSX-1018AH receiver, Panasonic DMR-PWT520 BluRay recorder, Panasonic TH-55UT50A Plasma TV, Netflix box, Jamo CL20 MAINS, Energy C-1000 centre, and 2 sets of Flatline in ceiling surrounds.
My room size is 4m x 4m.
I am chasing a budget subwoofer to give me decent bass, not looking to blow out my windows. Yes, I would love CVS, but can't. I have a budget of approx $500 AUD.
I have looked at following:
NEW
Polk PSW110
PARADIGM PDR 80
2ND hand online
JAMO SUB 1810
JAMO SUB 250
JAMO SUB 800
WHARFEDALE WA12B
JBL BALBOA 10/230

Any advice would be appreciated, except spend more. Love to but can't.
Thanks
David

I checked few AU hifi stores and the prices are very high there. Basically the quality stuff starts at 900-1k$. If you can`t do the purchase like pay 500$ in hand and take rest with finance then the Paradigm PDR 80 looks to be your best bet. At least it comes with 5year warranty which is suprising as the cheap products has often 1year amp warranty. Paradigm is quality brand, but the model is small and can only do so much. But certainly will add some weight/depth and rumble for movies. I guess the PDR 100 (10") model price jumps too much. Many of the shops says call for pricing, oh man i hate this. Why they can`t put the prices there?! Ridiculous!
Paradigm PDR 80 8" 100W Subwoofer

I wouldn`t bother with those 2nd hand options, too risky. Fixing them can become expensive as there is no guarantees how long they will last. And those models doesn´t really look that good anyway.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom