1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Budget sub?

Discussion in 'Subwoofers' started by gadgetman, Sep 23, 2002.

1. gadgetman

gadgetman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    I am after a sub and have been trying to get the Pardigm 1000 from Richer Sounds but feel I am being led up the garden path and am not sure if I will receive one or not. Can anyone recommend a similar sub for around the £200 mark. An Eltax Atomic A12, or even a Kef psw1000 have been mentioned. Could someone please give me an honest review of the above or any other sugestions. £200 really is about the max I can get the other half to agree to.

MArtyn

2. bob007

bob007

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My son recently bought a second hand KEF PSW1000, paid £70 for it, while I was with out a sub I connected it to my system, to be honest though it gave a little bottom end there was not a lot there below 40Hz, tended to produce a lot of boom when pushed, good value for my sons room at £70 but I wouldn't pay anything near £200, I just sold a REL Q50 for £220 which walks all over the KEF. My advice would be wait and look through the classifieds for a second hand sub, there have been a few just lately, some of these low budget subs can be no more than boom boxes.

3. Ian J

Ian J
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,906
    I wholeheartedly agree. A substandard sub is worse than none at all.