1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Budget Sub to go with Yamaha 620

Discussion in 'Subwoofers' started by raven219, May 14, 2002.

1. raven219

raven219

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    Having read the forum, the Paradigm seems to be recommended. Two quick questions. Will this sound good with a Yamaha 620 Amp? What does this sound like with music?

Cheers

Raven

2. Jase

Jase

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +932
    Most subs will work well with most amps, just a matter of getting the placement right and fine tuning it.

Paradigm´s are good subs for the money, PDR10, PS1000 etc

3. Brox

Brox
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Some are no good with music because they are too slow and can't keep pace, although they may go down low.

4. Ian J

Ian J
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,906
    I am not sure what Brox is disagreeing with as the questions asked were "Will the Paradigm work with most amps and is it good with music" and Jase answered the specific question without including irrelevant generalities.

Yes, the Paradigm will work with all decent amps and the concensus of opinion is that they offer a good range of value for money subwoofers which work well with music and movies.

5. sofaboy

sofaboy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have the 620 and also the yamaha YST-SW 305 sub, its not that expensive £250 but sounds DA BOMB !!

i can recommend the 305, I listern to a lot of music and have a Mini Disc and CD unit running through my amp also... the reproduction from my sub is quality......and it has a movie/music setting..... They do a model down from the 305...the 205 which is a 150w, and that would be cheaper

6. Samir

Samir

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I would also recommend the PDR 10 or PS 1000. I've owned both of these subs and found them to give amazing results in a movies ans music set up.
    As for these subs not being fast enough. I mainly play Drum & Bass on my set and I've found that this sub has no trouble keeping up with the pace, and if you have ever heard any Drum & Bass tracks you will know that there are perfect to test subs for Extra low LFE and speed.
    I have also compaired them with a friends set up and he is running two passive 15in REL subs powered by mono Rotels (1200) and even though the Paradigms don't go as low they can keep up with speed. But boy the REL's go the lowest I've felt.
    Samir
    Can't wait to add my second PS 1000 that when things start to get interesting!