Budget speaker recommendations needed

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by Paul33, Sep 3, 2007.

1. Paul33

Paul33
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    As I work from home, I listen to a lot of background music from my PC but I'd like to take the sound beyond what I currently get from my 4:1 PC Creative 4400 speakers.

I've found my old trusty NAD302 amplifier and want to use that to drive better sound but I need a decent pair of budget speakers - or good speakers at a budget price on ebay - to sit on my desk.

Any suggestions as to what would sound good with a NAD302 amp and can handle everything from classics through dance to rock music ?!!!

2. sparky46

sparky46
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Buy a pair of Wharfedale Diamond 9.0 speakers... Superb sound quality and ridiculous value for money... Magnetically shielded too... Diminutive at: W x H x D (mm): 145 x 236 x 165 , they'll fit anywhere and your Nad amp will drive them no problem mate. I've had a pair for over a year and am still amazed by the sound... :smashin:

Shop around on the Internet and you can blag a pair for £89... :)

3. finchy2k40

finchy2k40
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    if you can get hold of a pair on celestion 3 mk2`s (ebay £40) sound extremely clear, i had them on the rotle 820ax which is only 25w and they sounded great, i then upgraded to the mordaunt short 902i`s and never looked back! even on the old amp (£100 new on offer at nottingham audio visual on the net i think, £150 in richer sounds)

4. lazymatt

lazymatt

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +188
    I was going to suggest the MS902i's too,

Well worth a listen.