Budget soundbar

pauljb1

Standard Member
Hi All

Looking to spend 100-200 pounds on a soundbar. It needs to have hdmi arc and Bluetooth. Don’t have space for subwoofer so that needs to be built in. But do have up to 100cm width so don’t need a compact soundbar. It is simply to improve sound on my basic 4k Sony tv. Would be a bonus if it sounded ok for the odd bit to music too.

Looked at which website and it slated them all including the Sonos beam I have, which I thought was quite good so it’s size.

looking at Denon s216 or Sony 150.
Any ideas or recommendations

pauljb1

Standard Member
Hi All,

Have been doing some more reading and it has been hard to find a good review.

I did come across the yamaha SR-C20 which gets great reviews (Only 175 on amazon currently). Does anyone have any experience with this? I don't need it to be compact so not sure if I should go for the Denon S216 which is wider but does that give it better sound?

Or Should I just plump for the sony 150 which I can get refurbished for 100 quid.

Any experience or thoughts to push me in any direction?

Joe Pineapples

Distinguished Member
Hi All,

Have been doing some more reading and it has been hard to find a good review.

I did come across the yamaha SR-C20 which gets great reviews (Only 175 on amazon currently). Does anyone have any experience with this? I don't need it to be compact so not sure if I should go for the Denon S216 which is wider but does that give it better sound?

Or Should I just plump for the sony 150 which I can get refurbished for 100 quid.

Any experience or thoughts to push me in any direction?

Have you bought anything yet?. I've been looking at the Denon & Yamaha, but still undecided. Fancied trying the Denon from Argos, but no stock anywhere.

pauljb1

Standard Member
I bought the Yamaha yas-109. It is not bad, clear dialogue and does improve sound over tv. But compared to the Sonos beam I have it isn’t as good. But the Yamaha was 140 compare to 350 of Sonos. It seems all cheap soundbars get ok reviews as they all mix down to stereo.

The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: Streaming Theatrical Releases And The Future Of Cinema
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom