1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Budget Silver 5 channel speakers

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by Francois72, Aug 31, 2005.

1. Francois72

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Greetings all. I am helping friends put together a budget home cinema system and the last remaining items to buy are the speakers. They already have a TV, DVD player, amp/processor and subwoofer and now need speakers with a budget of around £500.

The speakers will be used for CD replay more than DVDs so I think proper speakers would be better than just a sub/sat arrangement. I think that the best configuration would be front floorstanders, a centre and biploar rears (possibly wall-mounted) - does this arrangement make sense?

Due to aesthetic considerations they would really like a silver finish. There are plenty of *home cinema* (ie sub/sat type) speakers all in silver but not many conventional ones. Some, such as the Mordaunt Short range, have a silver front baffle and then a wooden cabinet.

Apparently the Mission m3c2i Centre Speaker is available with a silver finish - would it make sense to try a pair of these on stands as front speakers?

All help will be gratefully received.