• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Budget Satellite Surrounds

craigxt22

Hi,

I'm looking for some surround speakers. Need them to be as small as possible (satellite size), I can't find any that small without buying a whole package, which I don't want to do.

I have a budget of ~£50, can anyone suggest any?

I'm even thinking of using PC speakers as my AV receiver has surround pre outs.

Thanks! :)

craigxt22

It's a Yamaha V667. The front speakers are Monitor Audio RX2s, powered by a NAD amp from the PREOUT connection.

I could probably stretch to them, they're the size I'm looking for!

MI55ION

Distinguished Member
I was in a similar situation recently, needed something tiny for rears. Got some Wharfedale ms100s that work well and fit the bill both in size and looks. I've got a spare set minus the wall brackets, if interested let me know and I'll put them up on the classifieds.

PSM1

Distinguished Member
Your system is only as good as its weakest element so seems a shame to take a makings of a good system and spoil it with cheap rears. Given your fronts and need for smaller rears I would be looking at the Monitor Audio Radius range as a minimum for the rears.

MI55ION

Distinguished Member
Agree with the above, although the Boston speakers linked to above would be on par with the wharfedale ms100s.

The Radius r45hd is a good shout if budget allows.

craigxt22

Thanks for the replies.

I know it's a bit of shame I can't have bigger rears, but my bedroom is tiny. When I bought my RX2s, with the NAD amp they were 100% for stereo/ music. Only recently I decide I wanted surround sound. The rears are going to be placed on my bed's headboard.

If you think it's worth it I may go for the MA R45hd, I'll look up some reviews.

And MI55ION, I'll have a think about it, thanks for the offer!

KyleS1

Distinguished Member
I've got a set of Jamo A102's which are small that I've been using for rears with my B&W M1's that's I've just sold. If you are interested I could pop them back in the classifieds.
They work really well as rears.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom