1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

budget sat speakers

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by hitz, Feb 2, 2005.

1. hitz

hitz
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I currently have bose am15 speakers, sony 940 receiver.
    Im looking to replace the bose speakers with some satellite speakers but i do not want to spend a huge amount.(<£400)
    I also want to get the velodyne chtr10 sub so need a set of five satellites speakers which would go well with the sony and velodyne equipment i already have. any suggestions.
    Thanks

2. GFS AV

GFS AV
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Satellite systems usually come with a subwoofer, so my advice is to by a £500-600 package, then sell the subwoofer as brand new, and make some of your money back.

3. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    hitz the canton CD50 or smaller CD10 will do exactly what you want, AV-sales have them on demo with a velodyne sub so if you are near kent go for a demo....... see http://www.canton.de/www/index.php4?pg_id=14,14,,2,en also available in BLACK but not really shown on website....

4. arielshiran

arielshiran

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    the MA radius 90s or the JMLab Sibs. The latters are really awsome for their price and I think nothing is better in this price range. They sound good, look good and are really the best value for money and maybe even a better choice than the radius themselves. I for myself do have a dillema about which set to buy and I really tried to find reasons why to spend more money than the sibs and meanwhile I found no reason so maybe this will be my purchase as well.
    All of their reviews are great and Focal JMLab is really a company with a great reputation and still one of the few that produces all of the elements alone without buying from oems.
    Go hear them! you won't be dissappinted.