Budget projector

Soundwave

Distinguished Member
Is there such a thing ;) lol

Guys my parents have recently moved into a retirement complex & they have a nice little community room & they are planning to organise a little movie evening in there for the residents (most are 70+)

At the moment they will be using a massively outdated CRT with the same sort of age DVD player & it's going to be a bit of a pain for everyone to see properly, so I'm heading round at the weekend for a good gander at the room as I mentioned to my mum about the possibility of getting a PJ & Screen set up in there.

Now this would mean that the residents would have to be in agreement to it & happy to all chip in for the kit (which would have to include an Amp & speakers which I'll look into at a later date once everything is set up) so that we can get a budget together.

In the meantime though assume that 1080p isn't needed in fact HD not really an issue for most of them but 720p would be nice, main issue is cheap as possible.

Is it feasible to find something either new or second hand for around £200 ish??

Screen wise I would be looking for something probably around 80"+ as long as it's 16:9 but will know more once I get to the Community Room for a proper look at the weekend.

So in summary...can I get a good cheap PJ?? ;) lol

Neil

The Eggman72

take a look in the classifieds m8 if you aint bothered about preowned an optoma hd65 or similar would fit the bill perfectly...

Soundwave

Distinguished Member
Thanks Eggman

I thought that might be the best option.

Once I've had a look at the weekend & I'll know what's possible I'll have a good look & see what there is.

Got my eye on a couple already ;) lol

Neil

The Eggman72

I picked up one myself .....the hd65 weighs only 4lb is small and easily portable and produces a great image ....

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom