1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Budget Projector Mounts

Discussion in 'Shopping, Deals, Discounts & Bargains' started by phil2415, Sep 23, 2004.

1. phil2415

phil2415
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi everyone. After searching for a week for a reasonably-priced mount for my new X1 projector, and with the conclusion that a DIY job was in the offing rapidly drawing in, I came across this post on the American AV Forums site: http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=221782

After reading it, I e-mailed Rob who is the guy who supplies these mounts, made to his custom specifications. It turns out that since he first posted in 2003 he's sold over 2900 projector mounts around the world.

After a couple of e-mails, to which Rob replied very promptly, I sent him the required amount by PayPal (USD 104.00 in my case, mostly shipping charges! - about GBP 59.00) and ordered a mount. It arrived today (third working-day after order!) and I've got to say that it absolutely lives up to what Rob promised. It's sturdy, robust, well-made, beautifully finished and is adjustable in all directions. Fitting it looks easy.

I'm posting this because I haven't found any alternative to this product for anywhere near the same price and I struggled to find it myself. This guy is doing a great job producing and shipping these things from Canada and I want all of you reading this to know about him and where you can get sensibly-priced mounts (he does mounts for a variety of different PJs) and I want him to enjoy the benefits of having more business put his way because he's been very good to me.

If you're interested, e-mail him at : robert@digital-visions.ca

He's very friendly and helpful and you won't be disappointed.

2. john59

john59

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +20
    Thanks for that Phil2415.
    I was trawling through the internet and found nothing in my price bracket, then I came across your post and I have seen some of the mounts Rob makes and I am very impressed. I have emailed Rob to get info for a Panasonic AE 500E and am awaiting a reply.
    Many thanks and I will update when I can.
    Best Regards.
    John

3. phil2415

phil2415
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Further to my previous post, I put my screen and projector up this weekend. While the screen took me all day (had to lift floorboards in room above and fit cross-beams between joists!), mounting the projector was stupidly easy. That mount really is excellent!

4. Mr. Wilby

Mr. Wilby
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    After taxes and duty I think it would work out pretty similar to the LMP mount (http://www.lmp-pc.co.uk).

IMO the LMP looks a bit nicer too... plus Andy @ LMP is great to deal with.

5. doink

doink

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It works out hugely cheaper than the LMP mounts.

6. kilobulb

kilobulb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    does he do them for ae500's then? thread shows only an X1?

7. phil2415

phil2415
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    As Doink says, this is much cheaper than the LMP mount, and although I can't check all of LMP's products because their site doesn't work properly, they don't appear to do a wall mount for the X1, which was exactly what I wanted and got. Also, Rob who supplies these mounts is hugely helpful and efficient.;

8. Gary Lightfoot

Gary Lightfoot

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,953
    Hi guys,

If you don't mind a bit of DIY, I have two cheap mounts that I've used, one of which I have used on both the NEC HT1000 and Optoma H77 and can hold up to 66lbs and is variable height. Pics are here:

http://uk.geocities.com/g.lightfoot@btinternet.com/ht1000.html

Any questions, feel free to ask.

HTH

Gary.