Budget of £4500 What one is the best

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by mediaman, Jan 29, 2002.

1. mediaman

mediaman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    What one of these do you think is the best

Ellié XS2000HT

Sony VPL10WHT

Sony VPL11WHT

My brother wants a Projector and he has a budget of £4500. He has these three on his short list can anyone recomend one of these. :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Also his room is 10 foot wide by 20 foot long what screen would you recomend ????

2. cutes6

cutes6

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26
    If you can put up with the size then the Ellie is the way to go imho - you must however get to see them all for yourself. Visit Screensuk just off the M42 I think if you have seen the others first you will be amazed. I must point out that I am an extremly happy customer and nothing else.

Screen size should be no more than 6ft wide on a 10ft wall this will allow you to put good floor standers either side of the screen when its down - also as the room is long you will not have the pj right above your head with this screen size - this will help with pj noise which they all have.

3. Roland @ B4

Roland @ B4

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    Of the three, the CRT

Strange to comapare the old 10 as well but there are some bargins around.

6ft sounds a bit small to me,b ut if he's been watching a TV up till now break him in gently.

Recon on the projector being right above you head for a CRT about 1.5 times screen width.

4. Tony O'dell

Tony O'dell

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Between these two LCD devices, which one do people rate the best. What are the strong/weakpoint of these projectors?
    Magazines seem to be currently undecided....:(
    regards
    Tony

5. mediaman

mediaman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the info guys i think the CRT one sounds the best got a demo on sat of this week to check it out first hand cant wait to see it in action.

Well he has only had a 29inch sony up untill know. So i think he is going to be :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

6. Roland @ B4

Roland @ B4

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    Thats because they don't know and most of the time couldn't set a projector up properly.

Look at the size of the adds too. No magazine is going to give one of their top advertisers a bad review.

7. tryingtimes

tryingtimes

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +531
    Come on Roland - that's a bit harsh - of the top HC mags you may be right (wouldn't know) but in other fields this definitely isn't the case. There are a few decent mags still out there! Don't tar them all with the same dirty, hair loosing, crusty brush.