• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Budget MP3 player?

toonboy

Standard Member
I’m looking for advice about a cheap(ish) MP3 player, i.e. under £70. Two I have identified after reading What Hi-fi are the Creative Muvo TX and the Ministry of Sound MP043. Might rule out the latter due to limited 256 MB capacity though.

Regarding the Muvo, I’m looking at either 512MB or 1GB, the latter being available for about £65 on Amazon.

Questions:

1. Does anyone have first-hand experience of the Muvo TX? Reviews seem pretty positive, though some say it doesn’t do playlists? Is this relevant if you’re only going to rip your own CDs – can you still play a CD in the correct order?
2. Capacity – the Muvo version that gets top marks in What Hi-fi is the 256MB version. Is it reasonable to assume the 1GB one will be just as good-quality – same components etc? Seems odd that the bigger one is available for no more cash than the magazine quotes for the 256MB one.
3. Any other thoughts/recommendations? Best sound quality for the cash is my top priority, though ease of use is a close second.

Cheers.

Uridium

Distinguished Member
I noticed Argos clearing stock of the Sony NW-E107 1gb player in store today for £74.99

My wife has one of them and with Tracks transferred at 64k Atrac3+ she gets almost 50 full albums on hers!

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom