Budget Headphones for Work

mrpink123

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi there guys

I've tried searching, but I've not found any request threads with the same requirements I'm looking for, so I thought I would start my own.

I'm looking for some closed back headphones for use at my desk at work. This means that an important consideration is to have minimal noise leakage, so as not to disturb those around me. I'd want them to function well when connected to my phone or my PC, mostly listening to rock music. My budget is probably up to about £40 absolute maximum, although less would be great of course :)

Any suggestions?

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
Why do you want to go for big headphones?
Wouldnt it be simpler to get in ear ones?

Consider Sennheiser CX300 as they have great noise cancelling and almost no leakage.
Can be found for ~11quid when lucky :)

Consider Sennheiser CX300 as they have great noise cancelling and almost no leakage.
Can be found for ~11quid when lucky :)

I have to advise that people whom may be selling any CX300 in ear headphones from Sennheiser at £11 may not be genuine articles. Please read here!

Be careful!

Regards

Phil @ Custom Cable

If you buy from secured place like Amazon - not the MarketPlace on Amazon though, you can be pretty sure they are legit. And it is usually Amazon who has the deal :) Standard price is about £15-20.

Hi, thanks for the replies everyone.

I actually already have some Sennheiser CX300s, which I will continue to use when I'm out and about, but I'm after something with better sound quality for when I'm at my desk.

I am considering the HD201s. Obviously they are well within budget- is it really not worth spending any more than that?

I guess you are having hard time trying to match their prices :)

Play.com - NOT Play MarketPlace - £17.99
Sennheiser CX 300 Mark II Precision Headphones (Black) - Electronics at Play.com (UK)

and read carefully what you linked - here - it refers to ebay, marketplaces which I personally think most of the time sell fake ones.
But I dont think a reputable store (ie. Amazon, Play) would risk supplying fake equipment.
Prices like that are only available during sale times, last time I bought a pair was before last Christmas.

Im not an expert here, but from this comparison it looks like even HD202 have worse freq. than CX300.
I am assuming the freq range is bigger=better ;) Not an expert though ;)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom