Budget Hdmi Dvd Palyer or a set component Leads

Folo30

Novice Member
I was just loooking for some advice i am thinking about purchasing a budget Dvd player with hdmi for my hd lcd. would it be worth it or should i just buy some good component cable for my existing dvd player.

WGLOVER

Folo30 said:
I was just loooking for some advice i am thinking about purchasing a budget Dvd player with hdmi for my hd lcd. would it be worth it or should i just buy some good component cable for my existing dvd player.
My Sony NS76H is excellent with component, and is a match for the HDMI performance.
If you have a decent TV you might as well stay with your existing DVP.
Have you tried component, even with cheaper leads?
I have the Monster leads, which cost nearly as much as the Sony.
I originally bought them, with my Panasonic TV, for use with my 'low cost' Philips player.
The picture was very good.

P

PinnerFox

I recently did a comparision on my Sony DVP NS76 DVD Player with Scart, component and HDMI all connected together and I would say Component is about 85% of the detail of HDMI, much much better than the SCART!!

I would say buy a component cable and ignore HDMI unless you think £55 or more for a budget HDMI player is worth it for the extra 15% detail (in my judgement) and simpler connectivity.:)

craig777

Novice Member
I got a Pioneer 696 a while ago and hooked it up via hdmi to my 42PX60, wasn't that impressed by the hdmi upscaling.

Ended up getting an Ixos component lead and using my existing Pioneer DVR433 which I think gives a better picture than the 696.

Get a decent component cable and give your existing player another try.

gingerone

Folo30 said:
Well what dvd player do you have for a start?