Budget has changed. KEF 300SE alternatives (cheaper)

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by hp1980, Jan 7, 2012.

1. hp1980

hp1980
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Right, unexpected outgoings (lots of outgoings) so my speakers have to take a hit buy a few hundred pounds :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Whats a good alternative for a 5.1 setup for around 500 pounds, may be able to push 600

Will be paired with a denon 2312 av reciever

:lease::lease:

2. eaglemmoomin

eaglemmoomin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +226
  3. PSM1

PSM1
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,404
    HAve you already bought the receiver? If not then I would be tempted to get a lower receiver and use the money saved to get better speakers. This should give you a better end result since the 2312 really needs better speakers than £500 gets you to get anywhere near the best from it. If you already have the receiver why not just get the front speakers for now and then get the other speakers as funds allow. This will allow you to get speakers more consistent with the 2312 and get you a much better system in the long run.
    If you have to reduce your budget it would be better to reduce the number of speakers you buy as opposed to buying a cheaper set.
    If it has to be a 5.1 set then the ones already mentioned are about the best for the money. You could also look at the Monitor Audion Vectors which are heavily discounted at the moment.

4. hp1980

hp1980
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Right, what i did was still get the kefs, only the ones with a less powerful sub, and a "normal" center speaker from Richer sounds - Was 699

As funds follow i'll upgrade the centre and then the sub if I need

Solution to saving funds = bring home from lunch twice a week = 10 pounds a week, 40 a month...etc etc