Budget friendly replacement for discontinued Acer P1173

SueR

Novice Member
Hi All

Budget friendly replacement for Acer P1173

Hope you can help, feeling a little dejected as my much loved Acer P1173 projector bit the dust recently. It's now discontinued. The bulb popped but once I'd replaced the lamp there seemed to an overheating issue, with it cutting out after a few minutes. It's beyond me to repair it and in all likelihood too expensive to get fixed.

My problem is this. It appears I was lucky with my rather random choice of projector several years ago. It was only a few hundred pounds, sat comfortably at the back of a large extension on a shelf at approx 5.5m from a large blackout screen 235cm wide. I have a great audio setup to my stereo and stream through an Amazon Firestick or through an HDMI cable to a DVD player. The setup was perfect.

Film cuts to now. My budget is now quite limited. I thought if I went LED it might be safer than risking another expensive/damaging lamp change. I've already tried and sent back two awful cheapo models that would only produce a focused pic sat at about 3.5m in the middle of the room but keystone and zoom facility useless, cables tangled everywhere. The market seems flooded with these crappy things.

Any help out there? I know my budget is tiny but watching films at home on the big screen is my joy. I don't need high-end, just a decent, focussed image that works around my room set up.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Sony Bravia XR A80J OLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom