Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Budget Connections for 37" PW7/Viera

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs Forum' started by rhodos, Oct 10, 2004.

1. rhodos

rhodos

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +151
    I've only been around this forum for a week or two, but feel I'm going towards a 37" PW7/Viera, thanks to generally good feedback in many threads on these Panny sets.

I know its a real novice set up but atm my DVD (Sony 330) is daisy chained via a decent scart to Sky+ which again has a QED Scart to single RGB input on CRT.

Can someone advise if noticeable improvements will be found with the following so as to get best performance from any new screen:-

1. DVD having a direct RGB scart feed to PW7/Viera. This saves me the cost of a new lead and a new DVD player required for option 2 as current Sony DVD does not have component out.

2. Get a new DVD with component out, and decent component lead to PW7/Viera.

Maybe this should be in DVD forum, if so I apologise in advance - I ask as (a) i want he best picture for my money but (b) leads, input boards and a new DVD player would significantly bump up the price if needed to really get the most from the set. i.e. I could stick to daisy-chaining into a single RGB board on PW7 for cheapest option if the choices above yield no benefit.

Thanks in advance as always.