1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Budget Connections for 37" PW7/Viera

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by banjo21, Oct 10, 2004.

1. banjo21

banjo21

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +126
    I've only been around this forum for a week or two, but feel I'm going towards a 37" PW7/Viera, thanks to generally good feedback in many threads on these Panny sets.

I know its a real novice set up but atm my DVD (Sony 330) is daisy chained via a decent scart to Sky+ which again has a QED Scart to single RGB input on CRT.

Can someone advise if noticeable improvements will be found with the following so as to get best performance from any new screen:-

1. DVD having a direct RGB scart feed to PW7/Viera. This saves me the cost of a new lead and a new DVD player required for option 2 as current Sony DVD does not have component out.

2. Get a new DVD with component out, and decent component lead to PW7/Viera.

Maybe this should be in DVD forum, if so I apologise in advance - I ask as (a) i want he best picture for my money but (b) leads, input boards and a new DVD player would significantly bump up the price if needed to really get the most from the set. i.e. I could stick to daisy-chaining into a single RGB board on PW7 for cheapest option if the choices above yield no benefit.

Thanks in advance as always.