Budget cinema room help

zoidburg

Standard Member
Morning all,

I've been a member on here for years but have not really had any interest in cinema for ages, preferring 2 channel music mostly via a turntable.

Anyway our back bedroom is undergoing a change of use to a small movie room use by the wife and I and was hoping for some advise please.

I was thinking of keeping things very simple with a projector and a sound bar set up. The room is not big (only 3 x 3.3m) so the projector would be about 2.8m from the screen which I'm hoping will be around 80 inches. I realize this is very very simple and budget in terms of most peoples sets ups but its suits space and budget for us.

I was looking at an Anker Nebular Solar projector Solar mainly as it seemed to get good reviews and has a lot of in built apps like netflix and amazon which makes things easier. It will also be connected to a blueray player occasionally.

My only real concern was making sure that the projector could link with a soundbar via bluetooth and if this would work and give me an Ok sound (assuming the soundbar was decent). I'm not expecting a full surround sound experience just something that will be OK and reduce box count / wires.

Any advice would be helpful, im not adverse to a small wired sound system if I had too but as I say would prefer to keep things simple.

Cheers

Ben

jacobe

Buy a nice big TV instead, mate. You'll be so much happier.

Luminated67

Distinguished Member
Would need more information like budget, preferred material you want to watch be it movie or mostly sport/TV programs etc, would you need a roll down screen or can you go with fixed frame or even project on to the wall.

The above advice of a TV might be the wiser option if funds are tight because a low/mid budget TV would be better than a low priced projector. I know might be out of your budget but you should also look at Ultra Short Throw projectors because like in the name they don't require the same throw distance to produce a big image and all of them from less than a couple of foot from the screen could give you a 100-120" image.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Panasonic JZ2000 Final Thoughts - TV Calibration: Should you? And More...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom