1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

budget Ceiling mount

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by dyl33, Jun 22, 2005.

1. dyl33

dyl33
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just purchased my first pj and i was wondering if anyone on here could tell me of
    a good site for a budget ceiling mount
    The projector is a epson emp- tw10h

Thanks in advanced

2. justthetruth

justthetruth

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I ve got a couple of ceiling mounts for sale actually, both boxed with all the original packaging as new, I was gonna use them but decided not too in the end, one is a Vogels EPE4010 and the other is the PMVMountPro (with extendable pole), i'm in london, so if ur interested let me know

3. callipo

callipo
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Not sure about the mounts but what is this projector like as i am also interested in this projector?

4. Coolit

Coolit

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +54
    I have a EMP-TW10H ceiling mounted using a Vogels Evolution EPC4010. I wouldn't say its a budget mount as you can get mounts from about the £60 mark but it looks good, is well made and does its job well. The only thing to ensure when your setting it up is that the PJ is in the center of the mounting plate and not offset in any way or the mount wont hold the PJ at your desired angle.

It took me a while to decide on a mount, at the end of the day its an expensive bit of kit your dangling from the ceiling and you don't want it to fall down, so make your choice carefully. ;)

And callipo, you wont go wrong with this PJ, well worth the money.

5. dyl33

dyl33
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    not got the pj out of the box yet
    just got the garage converted and waiting to get the mount will let you know what the pj's like after that

i've seen a universal mount on ebay thats only £30 does anyone know what this is like
    or should i stay well clear ? mount

cheers

6. tigertim

tigertim
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    made my own from a velbon tripod, and a £3.50 piece of 5mm steelsheet. Fixed to the ceiling joists with aerial clamps, totally adjustable, attached steel wire safety strap, and it is all fine and dandy, been up almost 2 yrs...total cost around 35 quid.pictures etc if wanted....

7. kevhans

kevhans

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i've seen a universal mount on ebay thats only £30 does anyone know what this is like
    or should i stay well clear ? mount

cheers[/QUOTE]

dyl33

got the same one from ebay with a sanyo pj mounted on it,good value for money,bit fiddly to get the arms in the right position but once done and mounted it looks o.k and is more than capable of holding the pj in position.doesn't look as asthetically pleasing as the dearer ones but once up you honestly wont notice it.

imho a good buy!go 4 it and good luck

kev

8. Crivens

Crivens

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0