• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Budget CD player versus DVD player

P

PiB

I currently use a Pioneer dv-737 dvd player connected to a rega brio amp for cd playback. Does anyone know how this would compare to say a cambridage audio azur 640C (richer sounds has the mark 1 in for £149 :) ).

Of course what I rally want is a 2ndd hand rega planet 2000 :rolleyes:

Cheers

PiB - Andrew

Ed Selley

AVF Reviewer
I don't think there would be much in it. The 737 is a very nice player to this day and no slouch in the audio department. The 640C will read discs a bit faster and might (might) have slightly better bass response but I'm not sure it will be an upgrade.

Falp

Get an external DAC at Ebay...

Mr_Sukebe

You could buy the CA unit via mail order, then if you don't like it return it within the 7 day cooling off period (not something you can do if you buy in their stores).

My suggestion would be a NOS DAC, also available for £150.

Falp

Mr_Sukebe said:
You could buy the CA unit via mail order, then if you don't like it return it within the 7 day cooling off period (not something you can do if you buy in their stores).

My suggestion would be a NOS DAC, also available for £150.
Where?
The CA and the NOS...

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom