Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Budget camcorder required

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Making Forum' started by No vote Joe, Feb 8, 2003.

1. No vote Joe

No vote Joe

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm looking to purchase a budget camcorder to replace my aged (and now faulty) 8mm camcorder. Whistles and bells are not required, a basic but reliable model is all I need. I would also like to spend no more than £400.

Any suggestions, recommendations or models to avoid would be gratefully recieved.

Many Thanks, Joe

ps A colleague has a Panasonic NVD (?) 29, he's quite pleased, and paid less than £350. Any comments?

2. berniemac

berniemac

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    For £350, (or not very much more), you can get the Panasonic NVDS30B. Same as the 29, but with DV in.

3. Duster

Duster
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

Try the Canon MV500, it's worth a look.

4. moggsie

moggsie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i just got my first DV camcorder, I was looking at spending the same as you but eneded up spending 450 on the Panasonic GS3B:smashin: .You can pick that camera up at www.letsgodigital.co.uk, and if you talk nicely 3 free tapes and a tenner knocked of the samsonite case price (25).

I've only got it to get some shots of the family and it seems to be good.

If you think of any other models you like try www.pricerunner.co.uk to the lowest prices.

www.letsgodigital.co.uk www.pricerunner.co.uk