1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Notice: AVForums will be offline at 10pm for no longer than 30 minutes for scheduled maintenance. Apologies for any inconvenience this causes.
    Dismiss Notice

Budget Camcorder for teenager?

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by southpaw, Oct 18, 2005.

1. southpaw

southpaw

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Hi

Looking for a good camcorder for a 13 year old girl (friends daughter) Intelligent girl. Basically will use as amateur film making with friends, holidays and video diary.

All suggestions and links appreciated. Budget max £150. Cheaper the better although something which is good value.

Thanks in advance.

2. Roy Mallard

Roy Mallard

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Jessops are doing the Sony CCDTRV238 for £149.97 these days, it's Hi8 as opposed to digital, but its the best you'll get for the cash, there is a samsung at £179.99 (miniDV) but then it's a samsung...

3. laser

laser

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +28
    You could have a look on www.ebay.co.uk

There are plenty of new camcorders for around the £150 mark from Canon and JVC if you don't mind bidding for them.

4. gearguy

gearguy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am 16 and I just use a cheap and cheerful 8mm cam for my out and about video-ing of life.
    I tend to use it at family events and on holidays (going to Tokyo with my friend in July!) and for the most of it it offers a perfectly acceptable picture. (although it is a Sony and uses 8mm XR so perhaps that is why it looks a bit better than your average 8mm and it's still miles better than VHS)